Herpes Zoster

Are itchy skin rashes a sign of COVID-19?

Query: Hello doctor, My father has a skin rash on the middle back from the past four days, and it is not spreading nor decreasing. It seems chickenpox-like rash and it is characterized by tiny pink bumps with a clear fluid in the middle (vesicles). No other area in the body is seen with the rash. Apart f...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepti Shukla

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through the history and photos you provided (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It suggests that your father has herpes zoster. Do not worry this is not COVID-19 symptom. Herpes zoster is a viral infection that happens due to reactivation of ...  Read Full »

What could cause skin infection in face, neck, and ear in a cardiac patient?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is 57 years old and she is a cardiac patient. She is having skin infection around his face, neck, and ear area. For the past two days she is taking the following medicines for this infection: 1. Surfaz- SN ointment (Clotrimazole, Beclomethasone Dipropionate, and Neomycin s...  Read Full »

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Dermatologist, Venereologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Cosmetologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the picture. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). This is herpes zoster. The following medicines are required for this condition. Tablet Valcivir 1 g thrice daily for seven days, Fusidic acid cream twice daily, and tablet Dolo 650 mg (as r...  Read Full »

I am having severe pain in rightside back lower body with rashes. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, Having severe pain in rightside back lower body with rashes. I will attach photos.  Read Full »

Dr. B. T. Priya

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have got herpes zoster (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is caused by Varicella zoster virus. Very painful blisters will be there. Must be started on antivirals at earliest. Tablet Acyclovir 800 mg 5 times a day or other equivalent. For pain Paracet...  Read Full »

Are skin infections in face, and neck common in cardiac patients?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is 57 years old. She is having skin infection around his face, neck, and ear area and she is a cardiac patient. For the past two days she is taking Surfaz-SN ointment (Clotrimazole, Beclomethasone Dipropionate, and Neomycin sulfate cream), Zenflox- OZ (Ofloxacin and Ornida...  Read Full »

Dr. Abhishek Ponathil

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your mother has herpes zoster. It is caused by varicella zoster virus which causes chickenpox earlier in life and gets reactivated later in life to cause herpes zoster. She has to take tablet Valacyclovir 1 gm thrice a day for seven days. For the pain, tablet Diclof...  Read Full »

Why did I get red and non-itchy bumps after a mosquito bite?

Query: Hi doctor, I have red bumps, which are non-itchy and keep on spreading. Also, I am attaching the picture for your reference. Please explain me.  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query and examined your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I want to ask a few questions. For how long you are having these red non-itchy bumps? Are they localized to one arm? Are they painful? Have you applied anything ov...  Read Full »

Please help me with my back pain problem.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a software engineer. I am suffering from back pain at the end of ribcage. Since one month I have been facing this issue. Pain starts when I sit for longer time like one to two hours continuously. If I walk frequently then also the pain starts slowly and sometimes the pain is unbearab...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. I read your detailed history and studied your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It seems to be muscular in origin. It can be costochondritis pain and that takes at least four to six weeks to settle down. My recommend...  Read Full »

What causes bite-like rashes around the neck?

Query: Hello doctor, I am assuming it as an unknown bite and it has spread almost around the neck. Yesterday, I had taken Amoxicillin prior to dental cleaning. The condition in the attached report emerged last evening. Any idea of what it is? I am traveling this weekend. Please guide.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and history. Two possibilities are there if you have history of bite anything then it could be blister beetle dermatitis. If it has unilateral involvement associated with burning pain fever b...  Read Full »

My husband is having burning red blisters on the back side of the body and beside his nipple. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,My husband is having some red blisters on the right back side of the body and beside his right nipple for three days. He is having a mild burning sensation when the cloth touches these blisters or rashes. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Shanza Ikram

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your case. I have two diagnoses in your case. 1. Insect bite reaction, and 2. herpes zoster. Insect bite reaction does not require any treatment, but you need to follow the treatment as early as possible. Kindly consult your doctor to discuss th...  Read Full »

There is a boil with burning sensation. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, The patient is 62 years old, weight 41 kg. All test reports are normal. There is a boil problem in the upper half of the right leg above the knee. She is having a burning sensation due to the same. It is spreading. Is it due to insect bite?  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is not boil (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it is a case of herpes zoster. How long she has been suffering from this? Is this her first episode? Diabetes? Burning and pain are there?  Read Full »

Is herpes zoster dangerous?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother was diagnosed to have herpes zoster. Also, her doctor says that the herpes has caused ulcers. I would like to know in how much time it will heal? Is herpes zoster a dangerous one?  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you know, Herpes zoster is a viral infection. It takes 7 to 10 days for the lesions to heal. But, in patients who are diabetic, old age, secondarily infected and with an incomplete antiviral dose or seropositive it can take up to 15 days to get cured. In elderl...  Read Full »