Herpes Zoster

What is the cause for pain in healed red bumps?

Query: Hi doctor,My father was diagnosed with scabies before two months on his right arm. The red bumps got completely healed. But still, he has pain in his arm and has trouble in sleeping. He feels discomfort while wearing long sleeves. He consulted two doctors. One doctor told that it is scabies and the ...  Read Full »

Dr. Shama Naaz

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After looking at the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it seems that your father had herpes zoster before two months. He is experiencing a condition called post-herpetic neuralgia. It occurs when the patient takes inadequate treatment. The treatm...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest a remedy for skin allergy.

Query: Hi doctor, I have skin allergy for the past two to three days. What is the proper remedy for this?  Read Full »

Dr. Radela Yvonne Cortes

Allergy Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I need more data. Is this itchy or painful? Do you have allergies before? The pictures you sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity) are reddish with some blisters and affect your body's right side. If this is painful, this looks like it is herpes zoster and...  Read Full »

Will herpes zoster infection have a possibility to get progressed to PHN?

Query: Hi doctor, this consultation is for my mother. She has been having skin rashes for around 20 days now. Her rash first started on her back, then spread to stomach. Her physician diagnosed that it is herpes zoster. We also did an Antibody blood test for Varicella Zoster Virus and it came out positive...  Read Full »

Dr. Hari Pathave

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hii... Welcome to ICliniq... Thank you for providing information. It is Herpes Zoster; reports showing IgG increased but IgM negative indicates active infection is subsided but the nerve damaged is still there so pain is persisting. This pain is called Zoster associated pain; sometime it goes to P...  Read Full »

I have a rash that is itchy and uncomfortable. What could it be?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a rash that is kinda itchy and it is too warm to touch. It appeared in my lower abdomen and nothing is coming out of it. My environment did not change and my food habits did not either, despite including bananas in my diet.  Read Full »

Dr. Shanza Ikram

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There are two possibilities: Insect bite reaction. Herpes zoster infection. In my opinion, your lesions are more likely to be of herpes zoster infection. Either visit your physicia...  Read Full »

Are itchy skin rashes a sign of COVID-19?

Query: Hello doctor, My father has a skin rash on the middle back from the past four days, and it is not spreading nor decreasing. It seems chickenpox-like rash and it is characterized by tiny pink bumps with a clear fluid in the middle (vesicles). No other area in the body is seen with the rash. Apart f...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepti Shukla

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through the history and photos you provided (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It suggests that your father has herpes zoster. Do not worry this is not COVID-19 symptom. Herpes zoster is a viral infection that happens due to reactivation of ...  Read Full »

What could cause skin infection in face, neck, and ear in a cardiac patient?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is 57 years old and she is a cardiac patient. She is having skin infection around his face, neck, and ear area. For the past two days she is taking the following medicines for this infection: 1. Surfaz- SN ointment (Clotrimazole, Beclomethasone Dipropionate, and Neomycin s...  Read Full »

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Dermatologist, Venereologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Cosmetologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the picture. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). This is herpes zoster. The following medicines are required for this condition. Tablet Valcivir 1 g thrice daily for seven days, Fusidic acid cream twice daily, and tablet Dolo 650 mg (as r...  Read Full »

I am having severe pain in rightside back lower body with rashes. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, Having severe pain in rightside back lower body with rashes. I will attach photos.  Read Full »

Dr. B. T. Priya

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have got herpes zoster (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is caused by Varicella zoster virus. Very painful blisters will be there. Must be started on antivirals at earliest. Tablet Acyclovir 800 mg 5 times a day or other equivalent. For pain Paracet...  Read Full »

Are skin infections in face, and neck common in cardiac patients?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is 57 years old. She is having skin infection around his face, neck, and ear area and she is a cardiac patient. For the past two days she is taking Surfaz-SN ointment (Clotrimazole, Beclomethasone Dipropionate, and Neomycin sulfate cream), Zenflox- OZ (Ofloxacin and Ornida...  Read Full »

Dr. Abhishek Ponathil

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your mother has herpes zoster. It is caused by varicella zoster virus which causes chickenpox earlier in life and gets reactivated later in life to cause herpes zoster. She has to take tablet Valacyclovir 1 gm thrice a day for seven days. For the pain, tablet Diclof...  Read Full »

Why did I get red and non-itchy bumps after a mosquito bite?

Query: Hi doctor, I have red bumps, which are non-itchy and keep on spreading. Also, I am attaching the picture for your reference. Please explain me.  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query and examined your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I want to ask a few questions. For how long you are having these red non-itchy bumps? Are they localized to one arm? Are they painful? Have you applied anything ov...  Read Full »

Please help me with my back pain problem.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a software engineer. I am suffering from back pain at the end of ribcage. Since one month I have been facing this issue. Pain starts when I sit for longer time like one to two hours continuously. If I walk frequently then also the pain starts slowly and sometimes the pain is unbearab...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. I read your detailed history and studied your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It seems to be muscular in origin. It can be costochondritis pain and that takes at least four to six weeks to settle down. My recommend...  Read Full »