Q. I have skin allergy for the past two to three days. Kindly help.

Dr. Radela Yvonne Cortes
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 05, 2020 and last reviewed on: Dec 14, 2020

I have skin allergy for the past two to three days. What is the proper remedy for this?

#

I need more data. Is this itchy or painful? Do you have allergies before? The pictures you sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity) are reddish with some blisters and affect your body's right side. If this is painful, this looks like it is herpes zoster and not an allergy. This is caused by the same virus causing chickenpox. Treatment is by taking an antiviral drug called Acyclovir 800 mg a day for one week.

However, I am not sure if you can buy this over the counter. Herpes zoster is usually self-limiting. In other words, your immune system can fight it, but it might take quite some time and might be painful. So you can also buy over-the-counter pain relievers like Paracetamol or Mefenamic acid if you do not have an allergy to these drugs. If it is itchy, you can take any antihistamine like Loratadine 10 mg or Cetirizine 10 mg once a day for one week.

It is painful. I will get some antivirals.

#

I hope you can buy it over the counter.

|