Q. I have skin allergy for the past two to three days. Kindly help.

Answered by
Dr. Radela Yvonne Cortes
and medically reviewed by Dr. Vinodhini. J
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 05, 2020 and last reviewed on: Dec 14, 2020

Hi doctor,

I have skin allergy for the past two to three days. What is the proper remedy for this?



Welcome to icliniq.com.

I need more data. Is this itchy or painful? Do you have allergies before? The pictures you sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity) are reddish with some blisters and affect your body's right side. If this is painful, this looks like it is herpes zoster and not an allergy. This is caused by the same virus causing chickenpox. Treatment is by taking an antiviral drug called Acyclovir 800 mg a day for one week.

However, I am not sure if you can buy this over the counter. Herpes zoster is usually self-limiting. In other words, your immune system can fight it, but it might take quite some time and might be painful. So you can also buy over-the-counter pain relievers like Paracetamol or Mefenamic acid if you do not have an allergy to these drugs. If it is itchy, you can take any antihistamine like Loratadine 10 mg or Cetirizine 10 mg once a day for one week.

Thank you doctor,

It is painful. I will get some antivirals.



Welcome back to icliniq.com.

I hope you can buy it over the counter.

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
I have herpes zoster. Should I consult a dermatologist or a general physician?

It is a viral reactivation ...   Read full

I was exposed to herpes zoster virus in the first month of pregnancy. Do I have to terminate?

.. exposure to corticosteroid can cross the placental barrier and cause adrenal suppression in the fetus. This can lead to salt wasting, electrolyte imbalances, and even poor development of the fetus. The organs can also have improper developed ...   Read full

I have blisters on my penis after masturbating without a lubricant. What is the treatment?

There are a few conditions which cause painful blisters even without a sexual contact, like genital herpes, primary syphilis, impetigo among others ...   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Is the OraQuick HIV home testing really accurate?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a male who had unprotected intercourse two days ago with a female who had tested negative on Oralquick two months ago. Turns out she has been quite active and I am debating on doing PEP. I can see her on Tuesday and she said will take another test but that will be 96 hours. I can s...  Read Full »

What is Zovirax used for?

Query: Hello doctor, Two years back, I had fever and headache. From then I am having gait and muscle pains. After many tests, doctor suggested EBV test. Results are IgG positive and IgM came negative and then gave Zovirax 800. I am shocked as it is a tablet for HIV. Does my EBV report say that I have HIV...  Read Full »

Why are there blisters on my finger, nipples and around my eyes?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a blister on my finger, nipples, and around my eyes. I have a problem in my immune system for about a week. I have eczema. I am taking Triamcinolone ointment.  Read Full »

Also Read

Sinusitis - Causes, Symptoms and Treatment
Sinusitis is the infection of the air cavities within the nasal passages. Normally, the healthy sinuses are filled with ...  Read more»
Asthma and Its Rising Incidence
This article explains about asthma and its causes. It also focuses on the benefits of starting early treatment to lead a...  Read more»
Parkinson's Disease: Historical Aspects and Current Treatment Approaches
This article discusses the historical aspects of Parkinsonism and, the evidence based approaches currently available for...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Allergy Specialist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.