Q. There are red blisters on the back side of the body. What is the treatment?

Dr. Shanza Ikram
and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on May 23, 2019 and last reviewed on: May 24, 2019

My husband is having some red blisters on the right back side of the body and beside his right nipple for three days. He is having a mild burning sensation when the cloth touches these blisters or rashes. Please help.

Dr. Shanza Ikram

Dermatology
#

I have gone through your case. I have two diagnoses in your case.

1. Insect bite reaction, and 2. herpes zoster.

Insect bite reaction does not require any treatment, but you need to follow the treatment as early as possible. Kindly consult your doctor to discuss the suggestions and take the treatment with consent.

1. Tablet Acyclovir 800 mg five times a day for seven days on following timings, at 6 and 10 AM, 2, 6 and 10 pm.

2. Tablet Cetirizine 10 mg at night for seven days.

3. Fucidin cream (Fusidic acid) two times a day.

Herpes or insect.

Drink plenty of water.

Whom should I consult for herpes zoster?

Query: Hello doctor, I have herpes zoster. Should I consult a dermatologist or a general physician? My age is 24. What kind of diet has to be taken?  Read Full »

What is the treatment for abscesses, which look like an insect bite?

Query: Hello doctor, I have two abscesses, which looks like an insect bite with a dark spot at the center. Both the abscesses are hot to touch with acute pain. One of them is filled with pus and has started to drain slowly. I have attached the photos. Please suggest some medicine.  Read Full »

I was exposed to herpes zoster virus in the first month of pregnancy. Do I have to terminate?

Query: Hi doctor,I am being advised to terminate a desired pregnancy because of the medication I have been prescribed to tackle a virus that I got just after becoming pregnant. I am looking for a second medical opinion on whether termination is necessary. I would like to understand the risks to the fetus o...  Read Full »