Q. Some bite-like rash has spread around the neck. What is it?

This is a premium question & answer published on May 08, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 19, 2020

I am assuming it as an unknown bite and it has spread almost around the neck. Yesterday, I had taken Amoxicillin prior to dental cleaning. The condition in the attached report emerged last evening. Any idea of what it is? I am traveling this weekend. Please guide.

#

I have seen your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and history.

Two possibilities are there if you have history of bite anything then it could be blister beetle dermatitis.

If it has unilateral involvement associated with burning pain fever body ache then it could be herpes zoster.

Second possibility is more common in your case since old age is there and you are a diabetic.

Episodes of herpes zoster are generally self-limited and resolve without intervention.

Since diagnosis of herpes zoster is based primarily on the history and physical findings you must visit nearby dermatologist for further physical evaluation.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|