Q. I have herpes zoster. Should I consult a dermatologist or a general physician?

Dr. Ashwini. V. Swamy

I have herpes zoster. Should I consult a dermatologist or a general physician? My age is 24. What kind of diet has to be taken?

#

Herpes zoster is a dermatology condition. It is a viral reactivation. It has to be treated as soon as possible to prevent the postherpetic neuralgia (residual pain). It is the varicella virus, not related to diet. You can continue taking your regular diet with 2 to 3 liters of water per day. Need to avoid excessive physical work or exercise. Rest is very important. Can you please upload the pictures so that I can see the area of involvement? Since how many days you have this?

|