Q. What are the small flat bumps on penis?

This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 20, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

There are small flat bumps on penis. Is it herpes?

I had rather rough sex with a partner a week before noticing these. I have been tested before and it has been negative and I have never had this before.

#

I am not going in favour of herpes.It looks like initial stages of penile lichen planus (attachment has been removed to protect patient identity).

Herpes genitalis starts with a fluid filled blisters and do not remain for so long.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Is there any treatment I should get?

Initial stages- should I worry?

Can I continue to be intimate with my partner?

How long will this last?

#

I would suggest Mometasone cream twice daily. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take medications with their consent.

There is nothing to worry and it is not a communicable disease. So, no problem with intercourse.

Prognosis is unpredictable with permanent remission in few cases.

|