Q. Blood pressure seems unusually high in 4 year old. Is there a problem?

Answered by Dr. Deepak Patel and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on High Blood Pressure or Hyperthyroidism? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I have a nephew who is 4 and a half years old. He is quite active as a child with a normal height and weight according to his age. Two days back we happened to measure his blood pressure at home normally. We were quite taken aback as it was 144/100 and later also it was around 130/96 even while sleeping it is around 120/80. He is otherwise not sick, but he sweats a lot while sleeping since the time he was born. Is there any problem with his BP, we are quite worried.