Q. My kid's urine is hazy and chocolaty in color. Is it because of what he ate?

Dr. Samreen A Urooj
Published on Apr 09, 2018

My son is 5 years old and his urine is hazy and chocolaty in color. It seems heavy as well. Does it have anything to do with his eating habits or what he ate in the morning? He ate eggless chocolate cake in the morning.

#

Do not go by the color of the urine. Always focus on the symptoms.

Is there any burning sensation while passing urine? Or, increase in the frequency of urine or any lumbar area pain? If yes, then you must go for urine culture.

There might be a relationship of food with the color of urine if it happens once or twice, but if the color of the urine is persistently hazy, then go for labs.

In the meantime, ask him to take plenty of liquids, especially increase water intake.

For more information consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

Will Norfloxacin cause any birth defect?

Query: Hi doctor,I have just tested positive by preganews. But, I am suffering from diarrhea and consumed a tablet of Norflox and Pan D. Will it cause any effect on my baby? Please inform me. Thank you.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly congratulations for having conceived. Ideally a single dose of Norfloxacin would not affect the conception in any way. But, it should be discontinued as it is a category C drug where risks have to be weighed against benefits before usage in pregnancy. So, pleas...  Read Full

Why do I get pain in the kidney region?

Query: Hi doctor, I wake up with pain in the kidney region every morning after approximately three to four hours of lying in the supine position or on my left side. The pain localizes beneath the left and right kidneys, more on the left and down toward the pelvis on the left side. It hurts the most when in...  Read Full >>

Dr. Vivek Chail

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is no significant problem with your kidneys, ureters and urinary bladder. The cecum and colon are not showing any problems. The duodenum and right testicular vein are not having any ...  Read Full

My husband has not had a bowel movement in two days. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My husband has not had a bowel movement in two days. His urine is close to brown. When he lays down, there is a pressure on his head. When he stands up, he is dizzy and off balance. He drank close to a gallon of water yesterday and did not have the bowel all day. He did go it once but,...  Read Full >>

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your predominant complaints are constipation, giddiness on standing and discoloration of urine. Let me explain each. In diabetes, constipation could be due to diabetic gastropathy, in which the movement of the intestine is slow. It does not, however, happen suddenly. A...  Read Full