Q. My creatinine is 3. 05 mg/dL. How bad is it?

Dr. Sandeep Varma
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 01, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

My blood report came today surprise me that my creatinine is 3.05 mg/dL. How bad is it? I am very concerned. Is there any way I can avid dialysis and treat with medication, diet and excursive. Please guide me if possible. I am taking Verapamil ER 180 mg and Atorvastatin 20 mg for high blood pressure for last 15 years.

#

As I understand, you are having hypertension for past 15 years, apparently under control at present. Many a time, hypertension can remain undetected, without symptoms for long. So we may not know the exact duration of the disease in many patients. You have hypertension for a minimum of 15 years. It is not mentioned about the status of control in initial years. I hope that it was controlled. Looking at your results, this is most likely to be hypertensive kidney disease. However, we have to rule out precipitating or complicating factors like recent intake of painkillers, obstruction of urinary tract like prostate enlargement (normal PSA- prostate-specific antigen need not rule it out), recent infection, etc., many of these factors, if treated, may to some extent reverse kidney failure which you have. I suggest you have an ultrasound abdomen and urine routine.

For more information consult a nephrologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/nephrologist

| 

Please suggest Ayurveda cure for gallstone and prostate enlargement.

Query: Hi doctor, I got gallstone and prostate enlargement and the PSA is 8. Abnormalities are noted in the lung parenchyma or pleura, but no pulmonary nodules seen. Also abnormalities are seen in neck and mediastinum. When I have cold, cough does not stop itself. I drink some water and I think while worki...  Read Full »

Hypertension and Skipping Anti-Hypertensive Pills - A Small Step Towards a Big Mistake

Article Overview: This article tells about the misconceptions prevalent among people against having anti-hypertensive pills.  Read Article

Dr. Saumya Mittal

Blood Pressure and Symptoms - A Gist : Blood pressure is basically the pressure faced by the walls of the blood vessels when the blood is ejected from the heart with a level of force. Under normal circumstances this force is essential for the blood to circulate well in the body. Raised blood pressur...  Read Article

What should I take to relieve Flagyl induced constipation?
Hello doctor, I am a 29-year-old female. I am trying to overcome constipation caused by the Flagyl antibiotic, and I do...  Read more»
How long should my dad continue the same dosage of medicines after a stent surgery?
Hello doctor, My father had a heart stent operation six months ago. Doctor prescribed some medicines, and still, he is u...  Read more»

Ask a Nephrologist Now