High Creatinine Levels

What could be the possible cause for increased creatinine level?

Query: Increasing of creatinine also getting paralize i think it is also a problem of high level of pressure. Currently, I am taking Nicardia Retard 20, Sebuxo, Revlamer, Arkamin and Nebimac tablet.   Read Full »

Answer: Hi welcome to the icliniq.com Your creatinine level is increasing as per history More then 1 level of creatinine considered high.. From serum creatinine and from your weight creatinine clearance can be calculated which is more important predictor then only creatinine.. Hypertension, diabet...  Read Full »

How to manage my dad's high postprandial blood sugar and creatinine levels?

Query: My father is diabetic patient for last 32 years. He is taking 18U novomix 30 along with trajenta 5 at 11 am before lunch and 12 U novomix 30 at 10 am before dinner. He has a good post prandial glucose level after lunch at around 140-150 but his post prandial sugar after dinner rises to 200-210 and t...  Read Full »

Dr. Prabhakar Laxman Jathar

Diabetologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Thanks for the query. I have seen the details mentioned. His overall glucose control seems fairly good. Post dinner and fasting glucose levels are a bit high. These can be controlled by following methods: 1)To increase Insulin dosage by 2 to 4 units before dinner. That will reduce post di...  Read Full »

Does high creatinine level indicate renal failure?

Query: Hi doctor, My grandma is 80 years old, and she has a high creatinine level in the blood. She lost her appetite and feels so nauseous. She is sleeping most of the day. Doctors have cleaned her blood a few times. I want to help my grandma because I do not trust medicine in my country. Any guidance he...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for consulting with us. An 80 years old female with renal failure on dialysis. I understand your concern. Kidney tissue can be affected by different factors, which can lead to renal failure. Some elements which are related to obstruction can be reversed. Still,...  Read Full »

Please suggest a diet to take care of diabetes and creatinine level.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 60 years female, diabetic for past 10 years. I am taking medication for diabetes, hypertension, cholesterol, and Ecosprin 75 daily. Last week after a bout of fever and cough, I have been tested for high creatinine (2). I am still very weak and suffering from loss of appetite, na...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumiya Sulthana

Nutritionist, Dietician

Answer: Hi doctor, Welcome to icliniq.com. Need not worry. Due to fever and medication changes have happened. You need to meet your endocrinologist and monitor your medication and ask any fluid restriction follow-up till creatinine settel down, usually, they will recommend a good amount of fluids. Get K...  Read Full »

What will be the harmful effect of high creatinine and low potassium?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 48-year-old female. I have LMNA related cardiomyopathy and right sided heart failure (HF with preserved EF) and psoriatic arthritis. I have a dual chamber pacer/ICD. I am paced 100% in both the upper and lower chambers. I take Amiodarone, Metoprolol, Ranexa, Warfarin, Bumex, ...  Read Full »

Dr. Tarek Algamal

Nephrologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I want you to concern only about rise of creatinine which (from your history mentioned) could be due to diuretics or contrast taken during the CT. Low potassium also could be related to a high dose of diuretics. High CO2 is related directly to low potassium, so do n...  Read Full »

What should a diabetic eat?

Query: Hello doctor, My father is recently diagnosed with diabetes along with high creatinine level. I need a therapeutic diet plan for a week according to the condition.  Read Full »

Dr. Safina Mithani

Dietician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please let me know the current weight and height of your father, also his present age, his blood sugar levels, and any other lab reports. Also, please do let me know whether you are vegetarian or nonvegetarian and his daily meal pattern with timings.  Read Full »

Will high protein intake cause high levels of creatinine and BUN?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 52-year-old male. My recent labs show elevated levels of BUN and creatinine. I have hypertension and it is controlled by medication. I am a weight trainer and boxer. I have followed a high protein diet over the years. My lab repot shows: eGFR - 71. BUN - 27. Creatinine - 1...  Read Full »

Dr. Manzoor Ahmad Parry

Nephrologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know which medicines you take for hypertension? I would like to know, whether you have done any urine examination? Rest eGFR (glomerular filtration rate) of 71 is within normal range for you, if urine examination is normal. I would advise you to decr...  Read Full »

My FIL's right hand is partially amputated. What are the other options for AV fistula placement?

Query: Hello doctor, This query is for my father in law aged. He is 58 years old and is diabetic and currently under medication for BP also. He has a history of two major heart attacks. In the last five years, he did not have any major heart issues. Recently due to extensive amount of medications taken f...  Read Full »

Dr. Abhinav Gupta

Diabetologist, Nephrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are three main types of AVF (arteriovenous fistula). The radiocephalic fistula is a forearm fistula created by anastomosing the side of a radial artery to the end of a cephalic vein. It is also referred to as the Brescia-Cimino fistula. The brachiocephalic fistul...  Read Full »

Why are there sudden increase in creatinine and uric acid in a CHF patient?

Query: Hello docor, My father is a CHF patient, he always had normal kidney function levels but suddenly in one month, it got increased. Also, recently he was having 100 pus cells in the urine test. He was having burning too. But until last month it was fine and suddenly these numbers. He was admitted for...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Patient with CHF (congestive heart failure) has a baseline tendency for renal dysfunction. Also, the diuretics like Lasix which is on cause renal derangements which are usually reversible. Now in his case, the cause appears to be multifactorial. Over and above the b...  Read Full »

Inspite of undergoing dialysis for kidney failure, my creatinine and BUN levels are higher. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am on dialysis for kidney failure and I have noticed a fluctuation in my monthly blood work for the creatinine and BUN levels. At the beginning of the year, my creatinine was 11 and it has decreased every month to 7. I was also making more urine as I went along. All of a sudden, las...  Read Full »

Dr. Hariharan V

Diabetologist, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have worked as a chief in a hemodialysis center for 20 months. Once the kidneys have failed and the patient is hooked up on dialysis, the creatinine value is always high. At this time we do not care about the creatinine values because once we start dialysis on a p...  Read Full »