High Creatinine Levels

What should a diabetic eat?

Query: Hello doctor, My father is recently diagnosed with diabetes along with high creatinine level. I need a therapeutic diet plan for a week according to the condition.  Read Full »

Dr. Safina Mithani

Dietician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please let me know the current weight and height of your father, also his present age, his blood sugar levels, and any other lab reports. Also, please do let me know whether you are vegetarian or nonvegetarian and his daily meal pattern with timings.  Read Full »

Will high protein intake cause high levels of creatinine and BUN?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 52-year-old male. My recent labs show elevated levels of BUN and creatinine. I have hypertension and it is controlled by medication. I am a weight trainer and boxer. I have followed a high protein diet over the years. My lab repot shows: eGFR - 71. BUN - 27. Creatinine - 1...  Read Full »

Dr. Manzoor Ahmad Parry

Nephrologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know which medicines you take for hypertension? I would like to know, whether you have done any urine examination? Rest eGFR (glomerular filtration rate) of 71 is within normal range for you, if urine examination is normal. I would advise you to decr...  Read Full »

My FIL's right hand is partially amputated. What are the other options for AV fistula placement?

Query: Hello doctor, This query is for my father in law aged. He is 58 years old and is diabetic and currently under medication for BP also. He has a history of two major heart attacks. In the last five years, he did not have any major heart issues. Recently due to extensive amount of medications taken f...  Read Full »

Dr. Abhinav Gupta

Diabetologist, Nephrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are three main types of AVF (arteriovenous fistula). The radiocephalic fistula is a forearm fistula created by anastomosing the side of a radial artery to the end of a cephalic vein. It is also referred to as the Brescia-Cimino fistula. The brachiocephalic fistul...  Read Full »

Why are there sudden increase in creatinine and uric acid in a CHF patient?

Query: Hello docor, My father is a CHF patient, he always had normal kidney function levels but suddenly in one month, it got increased. Also, recently he was having 100 pus cells in the urine test. He was having burning too. But until last month it was fine and suddenly these numbers. He was admitted for...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Patient with CHF (congestive heart failure) has a baseline tendency for renal dysfunction. Also, the diuretics like Lasix which is on cause renal derangements which are usually reversible. Now in his case, the cause appears to be multifactorial. Over and above the b...  Read Full »

Inspite of undergoing dialysis for kidney failure, my creatinine and BUN levels are higher. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am on dialysis for kidney failure and I have noticed a fluctuation in my monthly blood work for the creatinine and BUN levels. At the beginning of the year, my creatinine was 11 and it has decreased every month to 7. I was also making more urine as I went along. All of a sudden, las...  Read Full »

Dr. Hariharan V

Diabetologist, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have worked as a chief in a hemodialysis center for 20 months. Once the kidneys have failed and the patient is hooked up on dialysis, the creatinine value is always high. At this time we do not care about the creatinine values because once we start dialysis on a p...  Read Full »

My husband is type-2 diabetic with high creatinine and lipase levels. Should his drugs be changed?

Query: Hello doctor, My husband is a type 2 diabetic. As he is a hotelier, the working hours are stressful for him. He has no time for exercise. Also, his meal timings are very odd. He takes his lunch at around 2:30 pm in the hotel cafeteria. And, usually takes his dinner at 12:00 am - 12:30 am at home. He...  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, I do not think elevated creatinine is due to medications. It is most likely due to diabetes itself. But elevated lipase is due to high triglycerides (apart from high triglycerides, alcohol intake can also cause elevated lipase). For the protection of pancreas, h...  Read Full »

Kidney size is small with high creatinine level. Can we get normal functioning of kidney?

Query: Hello doctor, My aunt's creatinine level is 5.7 and her kidney size of 8*3.4 cm (right and left). Currently she, is under treatment. Looking forward to know if it can be brought to normal kidney functioning? What time does it take to become normal? Her BP is 150/95 mmHg. She is under medication f...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. To help you better I need further details. Since how long is she suffering from this? How are her blood pressure and blood sugar? How is her urine output? Where is she located? Revert with the asked details for better help.  Read Full »

Three kidney stones came out and my creatinine levels is 1.6. Is it dangerous?

Query: Hello doctor, One week before three kidney stones came out, and I have a burning sensation while urinating after that. I went to the doctor he took some test and told that my creatinine level was 1.6. Is it dangerous? I have hypertension and my value is 150/100.  Read Full »

Dr. Y Siva Roja

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your history you might be having a urinary tract infection. Urine infection is a known complication in patients with urine stones. Do you have other complaints in addition to burning sensation like fever with or without chills, abdomen pain, vomitings, and b...  Read Full »

Will stopping maintenance drugs in kidney carcinoma patient cause any effect on kidney?

Query: Hi doctor, My dad is 78 years old and was diagosed with stage 4 transitional cell carcinoma of left kidney for which he underwent a neprourectomy. It is six months now and he took immunotherapy for the same. He had three doses of Ketruda but with third dose he developed pneumonitis and changes in l...  Read Full »

Dr. Pankaj Jawandhiya

Nephrologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the details about your history. Cause of deranged renal function is multifactorial. First of all, Ketruda that is Pembrulizumab can cause interstitial nephritis, that can cause damage to kidney and rise of creatinine. Sartel is for blood pressure...  Read Full »

Please suggest a diet to take care of diabetes and creatinine level.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 60 years female, diabetic for past 10 years. I am taking medication for diabetes, hypertension, cholesterol, and Ecosprin 75 daily. Last week after a bout of fever and cough, I have been tested for high creatinine (2). I am still very weak and suffering from loss of appetite, na...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumiya Sulthana

Nutritionist, Dietician

Answer: Hi doctor, Welcome to icliniq.com. Need not worry. Due to fever and medication changes have happened. You need to meet your endocrinologist and monitor your medication and ask any fluid restriction follow-up till creatinine settel down, usually, they will recommend a good amount of fluids. Get K...  Read Full »