Q. What is the cause for increase in CRP level?

and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on Sep 20, 2019

I am a 30-year-old male. My lab results suggest,

1. Normal CBC, ESR, kidney function, and liver functions.

2. Normal CT scan on the brain.

3. I am not diabetic and do not have blood pressure or heart disease.

4. I am negative for all the virus A, B, C and HIV gen 1,2 and 3.

5. Elevated CRP level is 8.

6. My health condition is IBS, anxiety, tension headaches, allergic rhinitis, and poor dental care.

I have an elevated CRP level, and I do not know why? And also how can my ESR be normal while my CRP is not?

Hematology Pathology
#

Welcome to the icliniq.com.

The CRP (C-reactive protein) raised in case of any inflammation in the body. ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) doesn't need to be always increased when CRP raised because ESR is a non-specific marker of inflammation. It is not as much sense as like that of CRP. Your CRP value mildly increased which will fall within range once inflammation resolution occurs. Allergic rhinitis probably might be the cause. The irritable bowel syndrome and tension headache are associated with anxiety.

So you need to treat anxiety with anxiolytic medicine and with SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor) group of drug for few months along with counseling. For anxiety treatment, you can visit a nearby psychiatrist. I hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Does elevated ESR cause any infections?

Query: Hi doctor, I used to do CBC test before each time when I go for a travel and this time also, I did the same. Can anyone please tell me if these reports are fine? Or if I am suffering from any disease as some values are out of range. I am taking tablet Telday 40 mg in the evening for the blood press...  Read Full »

The monocytes and ESR values in my wife's hemogram report are abnormal. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, Me and my wife got an annual blood test done. Few of my wife's results are off the radar. She is 30 years old, and she had a mild cough when the tests were done. She becomes tired very easily. In the attached hemogram report, her monocytes are 0 and ESR is 80. Rest of the tests inc...  Read Full »

My blood reports shows lymphocytosis and macrocytic anemia. Kindly give your opinion.

Query: Hello doctor,I would like to know your opinion of my complete blood count. I have attached my reports with this which shows absolute lymphocytosis and macrocytic anemia from two years.  Read Full »

Ask a Hematologist Now