Q. My ESR is too high. Do you think I have multiple myeloma?

My ESR is too high that is 25 mm/hr. Granulocytes % is high and lymphocytes % is low. The main thing is the RDW is low. I am having too much body pain and leg pain in my body. Even pain-killers not working at all. Too much pain. I am having trouble to move my arms and legs when I wake up in the morning. Also having difficulty sleeping. No fever. The pain inside of the body. Cough sometime. And pain under the left ribs. Pain around neck, back and shoulder also. Do you think I have multiple myeloma? Because all my symptoms are in favour of multiple myeloma. My question is as ESR is too high is there any kind of cancer in my bodies such as leukemia or lymphoma or bone marrow cancer? Why my pain is not going away after using too many Ibuprofen? Do you want me to go to hematologist or oncologists? Please, how can I overcome from this problem?

#

The chronic whole body pain does not necessarily mean leukemia. Your CBC report is within limits as attached herewith (attachment removed to protect patient identity). For your condition, your physical examination first should be done in the form of liver, spleen and lymph nodes palpation. Check your calcium level as well. Your vitamin D level is slightly low below reference range and for that Cholecalciferol sachet with milk 50000 IU per ml can be prescribed once a week for six weeks.

Check your liver and kidney profiles report as well. High ESR could be from inflammation or infection as well. Check your thyroid status as well by serum TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) estimation. CT scan like higher investigation can be planned if needed. Serum protein immunofixation electrophoresis will be beneficial to rule out multiple myeloma if needed. Take care.

For more information consult a hematologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/hematologist

|