Q. The ESR rate is 85 with other normal blood reports. Is there any medication for it?

Dr. Vandana Andrews
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

My wife is 30-years-old has ESR 85, and other blood reports CBC, lipid, thyroid, SGPT, SGOP, urine routine are normal. Does any other test is required? Any medicine?

Do you have a question on High Esr or Complete Blood Count?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Vandana Andrews

MD PHYSICIAN
Family Physician General Practitioner

Your wife ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) is high, and other blood reports are within normal limits. ESR is a non-specific test, and it only indicates that a person has some infection or inflammation in the body. If you provide some clinical symptoms, then I can help you better, if she has no complaint, then this will typically resolve once the inflammation and infection in the body have subsided. Advice to check for uric acid, vitamin D, calcium, and RA factor if the history of join pain. There is no specific medication to bring the ESR down unless we find what is causing raised ESR.

Are the symptoms indicate vasculitis?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a 51-year-old woman with an eight-month history of: persistent fever. shortness of breath on exertion. suffocation feeling. barking cough, sometimes productive cough with yellow sputum raised resting heart rate. tachycardia and palpitations with mild e...  Read Full >>
Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The manifestations of vasculitis in general are: Weight loss of more than 10% body weight. Aches and pains, fever, and loss of appetite. Mononeuritis. Investigations will reveal high ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate), positive CRP (C-reactive pro...  Read Full

What could be the reason for recurrent fever with high ESR and CRP levels?
Query: Hi doctor, I am getting a fever every day. But, every day the fever occurs and goes to a maximum of 100 degrees, and it gets back to the body temperature without any medications. It is repetitive. I have done a few blood tests and am attaching the reports. I have found out that my CRP and ESR is ver...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is likely a viral fever only as it settles within four to five days. ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) and CRP (C-reactive protein) are usually elevated due to viral fever or any other fever. As it gets recovered within four to five days without any antibiotics, ...  Read Full

From the attached reports, please tell me the reason for frequent urination.
Query: Hello doctor, From the past few days, I have frequent urination. I am attaching all the test reports that I have done so far. I also got an x-ray and CT scan of the chest, but as I am out, I cannot upload them now. I will upload them later if you need it.  Read Full >>
Dr. Krishna Somani
Nephrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Only the CBC (complete blood count) and HbA1c reports are available. Please send all reports that are relevant to your complaint. Revert with more information to a nephrologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/nephrologist  Read Full

Ask a Doctor Now