Q. What might be the reason for high ESR?

Answered by Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on High Esr or Hypertension? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My father is 72 years old. His ESR is 102. All kidney, liver and hemoglobin are in the range along with clear chest x-ray. Recently, he had right ribs and collar bone fracture. Also, he was diagnosed to have hemopneumothorax and chest tube was given for that. What may be the possible cause for high ESR?