Q. How to improve eye power without wearing glasses?

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Published on Dec 30, 2016

I have -1.75 power in my right eye and the left eye is normal. Is there any possibility to reduce the power without glass? Can I reduce my eye power by doing any eye exercise and taking vitamin rich foods?

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

• There is no medication or food for improving eyesight or to get rid of glasses. If not interested in glasses then you can try contact lens or LASIK laser surgery.
  • As your age is now 24 years, your number will not increase now whether you wear glasses or not as number becomes stable at the age of 18 to 20.
  • Having said that, I advise you to eat a balanced diet including green vegetables and seasonal fruits for keeping eyes and body healthy.
  • If you are not comfortable with contact lens, then go for LASIK. LASIK is a very easy and painless procedure.

For further information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

Guidance for Eye Checkup - How to Check for Perfect Numbers?

Article Overview: Refractive error is a very common problem. Here, I have discussed a few points as guidance for an eye checkup. Read Article

Dr. Snehal Himmatlal Shah
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Refractive error is very common among children and middle-aged patients. In case of eyesight problem, first, consult an eye surgeon. He will check your vision and refractive error with autorefractor. Cycloplegic refraction is a must for the first time refractive error checkup. Refractive Error Chec...  Read Article

How to choose contact lenses for my power?

Query: Hello doctor, I want to buy contact lenses. I have a spectacle power on both my eyes. The power in my right eye is -2.75, cylinder - 0.50, and axis 20. In the left eye - 2.75, cylinder - 0.75, and axis 20. Please recommend what lens I should opt for. I need a recommendation for both regular wear a...  Read Full »

Can I get LASIK surgery done while on acne treatment?

Query: Hi doctor, I have scheduled for LASIK eye surgery this week. I am currently using Acticlate tablets, Onexton and Epiduo (topical gel) for acne, which was prescribed by my dermatologist. Will there be any issues or side effects with LASIK surgery? I checked with my eye doctor and he said no problems...  Read Full »