Q. I have myopia. What can I do to reduce power and quit glasses completely?

Dr. Bhavna

I am a 19 year old boy and I have myopia (2.5 approximately in both the eyes) and I am wearing glasses since two and a half years. Now, I am thinking to quit glasses. What best can I do to reduce the power and quit glasses completely?

#

Myopia is a refractive error. The change in your refractive correction should be checked every six months to note any progression/improvement. Even a fundus examination is necessary.

The refractive correction needed can be given either via spectacles or contact lenses.

Giving up on glasses will not help. It can further increase the refractive error. If you are not comfortable with glasses, you could switch to options like contact lenses.

For more information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

|