Q. I have myopia. What can I do to reduce power and quit glasses completely?

Dr. Bhavna
Published on Jul 28, 2018

I am a 19 year old boy and I have myopia (2.5 approximately in both the eyes) and I am wearing glasses since two and a half years. Now, I am thinking to quit glasses. What best can I do to reduce the power and quit glasses completely?

Dr. Bhavna

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

Myopia is a refractive error. The change in your refractive correction should be checked every six months to note any progression/improvement. Even a fundus examination is necessary.

The refractive correction needed can be given either via spectacles or contact lenses.

Giving up on glasses will not help. It can further increase the refractive error. If you are not comfortable with glasses, you could switch to options like contact lenses.

For more information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

How to choose contact lenses for my power?

Query: Hello doctor, I want to buy contact lenses. I have a spectacle power on both my eyes. The power in my right eye is -2.75, cylinder - 0.50, and axis 20. In the left eye - 2.75, cylinder - 0.75, and axis 20. Please recommend what lens I should opt for. I need a recommendation for both regular wear a...  Read Full >>

Dr. Dada Peer K
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems from your history that you are having a refractive error in the form of myopia and astigmatism. This requires a correction by concave lenses and cylindrical lenses. You can go for the prescribed glasses or contact lenses. Coming to the choice of type of lense...  Read Full

My contact lens has dried out. Can I use it?

Query: Hello Doctor, I did not use my contact lenses for two weeks. When I opened the lens case after 2 weeks, my coloured (monthly) lenses had dried out. One of the them seems to be a little smaller. Can I use it?  Read Full >>

Dr. Yelamanchili Alekhya

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com   I suggest you not to use the lenses.   Because the solution which protects them from microbes has dried out, there are chances of acanthamoeba infections.   So it is better to change the lens to prevent infections. Consult an eye care ophthalmologist online to choos...  Read Full