HomeAnswersHIV/AIDS specialisthiv risk factorsI touched my penis after a handjob. Am I at the risk of HIV?

Can handjob increase HIV risk?

Share

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At November 11, 2023
Reviewed AtDecember 19, 2023

Patient's Query

Is it a risk of having HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) through receiving a hand job, and I touched my penis after touching her vagina? I had undergone RT PCR (Reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction) test thirteen days after exposure, and it was negative, and a ten days of test from the NHS (National Health Services) was negative as well.

Glad to hear from you.

I am here to answer all your questions.

HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) transmission does not happen through a hand job. It requires a direct exchange of body fluids which is usually seen during an act of intercourse.

Hence, in your case, it is not considered a risk factor. Also, the earliest reliable test for HIV would be a fourth-generation combo test four weeks after the last exposure. If you are worried, you can complete that in four weeks. However, it is not required as your act is not considered a risky exposure.

I am thankful that you have confidence in me to help you.

Please stay safe and healthy. Thank you.

Patient's Query

Thank you for the reply.

After that I started getting rash on the body and wanted to throw up when I ate something.

I read and understand your concern.

Rash is very non-specific and can happen due to multiple reasons including common allergies too. The symptoms that you had mentioned do not correspond to HIV/AIDS and you will need further evaluation on those. Check for any gastritis and you could try antacids, also look into stress factors.

Looking forward to your response in order to help you.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula
Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Dermatology

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

HIV/AIDS specialist

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy