Q. Will using face blackhead extractor in salon cause HIV or hepatitis?

Dr. Rabia

I went to a salon to have a skin cleaning and they used on my face blackhead extractor. And I am worried now if I could get hepatitis or HIV if they did not clean it between the clients. Is it possible to get any disease?

#

Welcome to iciniq.com.

If instruments are not properly sterilized and if the blood of any patient who has hepatitis, etc., present over that, it is possible that it can be transmitted. Usually, in salons the exfoliator they use does not penetrate the body and procedure is very superficial, it does not come into contact with your blood, the risk is very very low. For caution next time, you should buy your own instrument and bring that to a salon. You should not be worried now as the transmission risk of hepatitis after needle stick injury is very low and even lower for HIV.

|