Q. Protection broke during insertion and I pulled out. Can STDs be passed in this period?

Dr. Kiran Anaparthi
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 25, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I had protected intercourse with a CSW, but the protection broke at the tip during insertion and I immediately pulled out. Enough space was left at the tip for semen to collect and I do not know whether the tip of my penis has come in contact with some vaginal fluid.

I am totally stressed out after the incident and do not know whether STDs can be passed in this period of one to two seconds. After a week, I am experiencing some pain below my armpits but no lymph node swelling.

Is that due to stress that I feel the pain? I am totally stressed out and your support would be extremely helpful.

Dr. Kiran Anaparthi

Family Physician HIV/AIDS Specialist
#

Even a minute touch of an infected vagina can spread STDs (sexually transmitted diseases). As partner status is unknown and has high-risk factors, it is better to use prophylactic treatment.

Secondly, pain in armpit has almost no relation to STD. It is probably myalgia and it may be exaggerated by stress and fear. Are you having any ulcers on the penis or surrounding skin or had shaved before the act? These acts or ulcers can increase the chances of transmission.

You can use prophylactic antibiotics to restrict STDs. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.

For more information consult an HIV AIDS specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/HIV-AIDS-specialist

|