Hla B27 Antigen

Why did the pain on the right side of my back move to the hips?

Query: Hi doctor, I have pain in my hips. I began to have a slight ache on the right side of the lower back and then it got moved to my hip-deep in the socket like a toothache. I have pain in my bones also for the past two days. Taking a hot water bath helped me and I was able to move around a little bi...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajiv Ranjan Kumar

Rheumatologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your history, the common rheumatological condition that needs to be ruled out is spondyloarthritis (SPA). It includes many groups of diseases starting from ankylosing spondylitis, reactive arthritis, and others. It causes back pain, lower limb arthritis and...  Read Full »

Does my scan report suggest the cause of my low back pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I do not remember any spine trauma. I do have morning stiffness of greater than one hour with will become better with movement. I have this issue for the past seven years. My HLA-B27 is positive. Am I suffering from inflammatory spondyloarthropathy or ankylosing spondylitis? I have attac...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The SI joints show minimal linear hyperintensity on STIR (short TI inversion recovery) sequence (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is mild edema and not the usual findings which are seen in inflammatory spondyloarthropathy. Probably, it is in the early s...  Read Full »

My friend has sacroiliitis. Will it affect her family life and pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor,A friend of mine, who is a 28 year old female, had been diagnosed with sacroiliitis before five years. She had been on painkillers (Indocap) for three years, which she was taking on a daily basis. Then for a year, her doctor advised her to have maintenance doses of Remicade infusions and s...  Read Full »

Dr. Divya Agarwal

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.This problem is called spondyloarthritis, and it is associated with a gene called HLA-B27.It is a chronic disease where there may be periods of relapses and remission.There maybe flare up of disease during pregnancy or post pregnancy. Otherwise, it generally does not cause ...  Read Full »

Can I donate blood with spondyloarthritis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18-year-old female. Six months ago, I did some blood tests and my doctor said that I resulted in positive HLA-B27 and that she suspects me to have spondyloarthritis. But she did not explain to me things that I can or cannot do from now on. I take one tablet of vitamin D weekly...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajiv Ranjan Kumar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Spondyloarthritis (SpA) is a group of disorders which predominantly affects (inflammation or arthritis) in the spine and lower limbs. The common diseases which comes under SpA are ankylosing spondylitis, reactive arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, etc. HLA- B27 is a gene ...  Read Full »

Will Ankylosing spondylitis cause pain in lower ribs?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been having pain around my lower ribs towards the back side (left side) since the past eight days. The pain gets worse while lying down and trying to change sides in the night. It also hurts while sneezing or coughing (feels better if I cough or sneeze by holding the area with ...  Read Full »

Dr. Divya Agarwal

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. In the light of the fact that you are HLA B27 positive, the pain that you are experiencing is due to the same problem. This is called enthesitis, and it occurs due to inflammation at the attachment of muscles to bones. So the treatment also remains similar to that of AS...  Read Full »

How dangerous is staphylococcus infection?

Query: Hi doctor, I had unprotected sex two months back and developed Streptococcal infection within a day. I took Amoxicillin to get rid of it. Within five days developed yeast infection and got treatment for that. Now, I have reactive arthritis. I got two painless red bumps on the back of my hand and I d...  Read Full »

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com Could you give me the exact duration of the disease? Which are the joints involved in your case? For reactive arthritis (painful form of inflammatory arthritis), you do not need much of treatment. It normally subsides by itself. NSAIDs (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs...  Read Full »

Are vitreous cells found in anterior uveitis?

Query: Hi doctor, I was diagnosed with bilateral anterior uveitis two months back. I was put on Pred Forte. After 20 days of which only occasional AC cells were seen in right eye with no flare. Left eye was clear, but few mid vitreous cells were seen which were not present before. Hence, I was still on Pre...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I think you have anterior uveitis in both eyes. Few vitreous cells can be present in anterior uveitis patient also. Usually, anterior uveitis is in one eye, but if bilateral we investigate them as it was done in your case. So, now you are HLA B27 positive (human leukocy...  Read Full »

I have muscle pain near the chest inspite of having medications. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,I have muscle pain near the chest. I am having muscle pain near the chest from the last two to three months. I have done all the cardiac tests, and it is fine, then I consulted a rheumatologist, and she suggested some tests and medicine. It has been a month, and I am still having some p...  Read Full »

Dr. Divya Agarwal

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are right, and you have peripheral arthritis due to HLA-B27 positive. Your chest pain is due to enthesitis, and please feel free to query me in this regard. If your HLA-B27 positive by PCR (polymerization chain reaction), because that is a condition which can gi...  Read Full »

Does Adalimumab injection causes kidney dysfunction in HLA-B27 positive patients?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 26-year-old male. I am HLA-B27 positive (hereditary issue). I am suffering from joint pains since the last 16 years, I generally use Ultracet to suppress the pain. I have undergone a resurfacing surgery before nine years. Since then I have not taken any treatment. I have visit...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need to understand that every medicine has its side effects and it is not that everyone gets it. Important is treatment. Since your disease may get worse with the passing years, Adalimumab injections would help you in controlling your disease. It rarely affects t...  Read Full »

Is it safe to take Gabapentin for back stiffness?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 33 year old unmarried male, and I have a back stiffness problem for more than three years. Everyone gives the says that my posture is not proper while walking. Two years back when I consulted a doctor, he suspected ankylosing spondylitis, but HLA-B27 was negative. After seeing...  Read Full »

Dr. Divya Agarwal

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The diagnosis of ankylosing spondylitis is a clinical and radiological diagnosis. The clinical criteria is a history of inflammatory back pain, and the pain is worse in mornings and nigh...  Read Full »