Hoarseness Of Voice

Please suggest a medicine for a squeezy feel in vocal cord and dump voice due to hypothyroid.

Query: Hello doctor, I have hypothyroid for three years, and I am taking Eltroxin 100 mg one tablet daily before two hours to my breakfast. But sometimes I feel pain over and around my thyroid gland. I feel like my neck and vocal throat are squeezed and my voice is dumpy. Please suggest any medicine or tr...  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your problem may be or may not be related to the thyroid problem. If your thyroid gland is enlarging it may compress your vocal cords and food pipe and cause your problems like vocal throat squeezed, dumpy voice. In this case, you need to get an ultrasound of your ne...  Read Full »

Why has my voice changed suddenly after oversinging?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been having voice trouble since last seven months. I oversang one night, and for about three months after that, it was extremely fatiguing to speak. I had an ENT look at my cords with the mirror right at the beginning, and he said there was minor irritation, but no nodules. The t...  Read Full »

Dr. Dheeraj Kumar Jonnalagadda

ENT Otolaryngologist, Allergy Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. 1. The conclusions from your problems can be a vocal cyst which is not seen through a head mirror, so you can get an endoscopy done after which if not conclusive can go for videostroboscopy which is the ultimate tool. 2. You told you were using Levothyroxine. Are yo...  Read Full »

What are the symptoms of laryngeal trauma?

Query: Hi doctor, I was just hit on the right side of my neck with a basketball. Part of the basketball hit my chin, so my neck cartilage did not take the entirety of the impact. The basketball was probably traveling around 20 mph, I do not know for sure. As a large object, it probably did not exert that ...  Read Full »

Dr. Syed Tehmid

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Normally larynx is well protected by protruding mandible. Most of the impact is received by the sturdy mandible. However, since the impact was on the side of the neck, the laryngeal framework might have received some impact. I would like you to palpate your neck for ...  Read Full »

What can be done for horseness of voice which is lasting for more than a month?

Query: Hello doctor, I have problem in one cord and it is for about a month now. I was given Defcort and antibiotic for a week. Persisting for little over a month now.  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since how long you have been having this problem? As per the picture, it has been there on only one cord. If it is early stages, conservative management can be tried. Did your doctor tell you about it? One month duration is a bit less to decide on surgery I feel. You s...  Read Full »

2.8 years old cried hard and developed hoarse voice. Is that due to crying or infection?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter who is 2.8 years old cried hard before two weeks and developed a hoarse voice the next day. It subsided in about three days. Before a week, I remember her throwing tantrums and crying hard for every small thing and again developed a hoarse voice. I gave warm water and honey...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Parmar

Paediatrician, Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Relax do not worry. She does not have laryngeal cancer (vocal cord cancer), it is a vocal cord abuse. It is due to screaming she is having hoarseness of voice, so it is temporary. Give her warm water and if she can gargle then let her do it with salt water gargle. Ba...  Read Full »

Why do I have blocked nose with hoarse voice?

Query: Hello doctor, My family doctor referred me to an ENT to investigate a persistent sinus discharge problem that seemed to be causing voice hoarseness, likely from mucus building up in my throat. I thought the hoarseness might be a side effect of the Tamsulosin I take each day for BPH, but he did not ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Have you had any complaints with nose before? Has a CT scan been done to check for sinus inflammation or pathology? How much is the nasal airway compromise? Has he given you any sprays? Has he ruled out allergy?  Read Full »

Is Cifran 500 good for mild throat pain and voice hoarseness?

Query: Hello doctor, Is Cifran 500 good for mild throat pain and voice hoarseness?  Read Full »

Dr. Aditi Gupta Jha

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is good that you asked this question here because taking unnecessary antibiotics can be extremely risky and unhealthy for your body. This tablet is mainly used to treat pneumonia patients that have a severe cough, fever, and abnormal symptoms and blood reports. Hence I...  Read Full »

Can severe acid reflux cause Barrett's esophagus?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 27 year old female. I was going through a lot of stress and started consuming alcohol at least 3 drinks a day. For the past 5 years, I have been suffering from acid reflux along with severe regurgitation and taking tablet Prilosec. I fell sick a month ago and taught it to be a res...  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Medical Gastroenterologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are many causes of reflux. Hiatus hernia is one of the conditions. It is a major concern causing lifestyle limitation. I would like to know if you are suffering from any respiratory problem. Continuous reflux can cause stricture formation and dysphasia (difficult...  Read Full »

Why do I talk in a very loud voice?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a problem. Can anyone help? It is just when I talk, even when it is dead quiet around me my voice will get progressively louder. And by the middle of my conversation, I will be nearly shouting. I do not understand or know why and it is affecting my daily life. It happens when I am...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. One of the reasons for loud volume while talking is hearing loss. Some mild hearing loss is not so evident to the person and usually, one of the first things a person does is speak loudly. To be sure about it you will need to get yourself examined by a specialist. Other...  Read Full »

When can a person have change in voice and breathing difficulty?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 36 year old female. I smoke but I have no medical history. I do take medicines for depression. About 2 months ago, I started to lose my voice. Otherwise, I felt fine. I do not have a history of losing my voice, so I assumed I must have picked up a virus. My voice slowly continued t...  Read Full »

Dr. Alok Rathi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have developed change in voice followed by difficulty in swallowing and also difficulty in breathing. Being a chronic smoker and the gradually progressive symptoms for a period of two months with an episode acute respiratory distress, I suggest you to visit ER (em...  Read Full »