Common "Homosexuality" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq


Sexual attraction or behavior between people of the same gender is called homosexuality. The exact reason for an individual's sexual orientation is not understood, but genetic, hormonal, and environmental factors seem to play a role.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

My boyfriend is into men and has sex with random men. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have been with my boyfriend for two years. We have known each other since we were eight years old. We both are now 30. We have been friends for many years before we dated. Recently he left his email open on the computer and I could not stop reading them. Tons of times he emailed peop...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehmet Akif Camkurt

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I read your query and understand your concern. The situation you described is that your boyfriend has secret homosexual relationships, which is unacceptable for you. Currently, in the practice of psychiatry, homosexuality/heterosexuality/bisexuality is not considered a...  Read Full »

I find a male attractive if he is handsome. Does that mean I have turned homosexual or bisexual?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 30 year old unmarried male. I used to be a straight guy and was attracted to only females, but for the past one year, I find a male attractive if he is handsome. Does that mean I have turned homosexual or bisexual? Is it because I am unmarried and never had sex before? I have neve...  Read Full »

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnui

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I can understand your concern. First of all, I would like to tell you that you are not homosexual. If we go by psychoanalytic theories, then every human being have some traits of bisexuality, but that does not mean that they are bisexual. Slight attraction towards...  Read Full »

Can I get HIV infection after 10 years of unprotected sex?

Query: Hello doctor, I am not gay. But, 15 years ago, I had sex with a man. I am not sure if his penis entered my anus or not. I did it again with a man, a year later. And, ten years ago, I had sex with a male for the last time. I have not been involved in any such activities after that. I have got tested...  Read Full »

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnui

Answer: Hello, I understand your concern. You cannot get an HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) now because you have been tested negative already. In most of the cases, the tests come positive within 12 weeks of exposure. So if your results were negative after 12 weeks of sexual activities, then there will ...  Read Full »

How do I evaluate myself for my sexual orientation being a cross-dresser?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 30 years old. I crossdress from the age of 15. I have erections and ejaculations only while sleeping upside down on the bed. Unlike other guys, it does not happen when standing. I also have significant breast growth as they are quite visible. I suspect that I am a transwoman, thou...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I read your query and understand your concerns. First of all, I would like to inform you that there is no test to detect if one is a trans woman. It all depends on the attitude, orientation, sexual relationships, sexual response, and body language. Considering the s...  Read Full »

Why do I have a lot of bleeding after gay encounters?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 32-year-old man. I had gay encounters with three men in a massage parlor on three different days. In all three cases, we have used condoms. In my second and third encounters, I got a lot of blood, and that too very dark-colored blood, and something else also came. I had a word wi...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I read your query and understand your concerns. First of all, I like to inform you that the transmission of HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) requires the mixing of body fluids. The use of condoms effectively prevents such mixing. I understand that there was bleedi...  Read Full »

Can HIV occur after my penis is felt by my partner’s finger cut?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a male and had sex with a man. He did handjob without oral sex. I am not sure whether he touched my penis tip with a cut in his fingers. I took a PrEP (Pre exposure Prophylaxis) for 6 days last week on a difference of two hours. Should I be concerned about HIV infection?  Read Full »

Dr. Basti Bharatesh Devendra

Answer: Hi, Welcome to The chances of HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) transmission in a single unprotected handjob is nil unless there were bleeding wounds in hand.  Read Full »

Why am i feeling helpless and agitated for being a bi-gay?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 19-year-old male, and I have been feeling agitated, helpless, and hollow since I found out I was a bi-gay. Is there any cure or therapy for this? Please do not suggest accepting and living with this because I cannot. Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnui

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I understand your concern. Homosexuals usually have dysphoria for their sex. If you are not happy with being a bi-gay, then you are not a homosexual. You might have some sexual orientation, but at the same time, you do not want to become gay. You need not worry becau...  Read Full »

How do I get over homosexual thoughts?

Query: Hello doctor, In grade six, I started thinking about marriage and sex, and as the time passed, I started thinking about my mother's marriage with another person and them having sex as my father was a harmful person. As the time passed, I would perceive men by their physical appearance, like having ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome back to Thank you for taking help from a psychiatrist. I understand your concern. You have an obsessive-compulsive disorder. There is non-pharmacological management for it; you should follow few guidelines to deal with it. It will help you. You should exercise 30 to 45 ...  Read Full »

What tests do I need to take before having sex with my lesbian partner?

Query: Hello doctor, I would like to ask some questions that I am sort of afraid to ask my gynecologist because I am not sure if she is tolerant of homosexual people and that is holding me back. I would like to know what kind of health tests should I run to make sure I can safely have unprotected sex with ...  Read Full »

Dr. Eeshani Dutta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Homosexuality is a choice of self-identity of sexuality, which does not need to be judged. It is always fine to ask questions. You are conscious about your health and that is commendable. Firstly, you need to rule out diseases like HIV, hepatitis B and C (HBsAg, anti-HC...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.