iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersSexologyhomosexualI find a male attractive if he is handsome. Does that mean I have turned homosexual or bisexual?

I get attracted to handsome men lately. Am I homosexual?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At September 8, 2017
Reviewed AtJanuary 17, 2024

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

I am 30 year old unmarried male. I used to be a straight guy and was attracted to only females, but for the past one year, I find a male attractive if he is handsome. Does that mean I have turned homosexual or bisexual? Is it because I am unmarried and never had sex before? I have never had a relationship with a girl, though I always wanted to have sex with a girl. Please reply soon. I am quite disturbed.


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I can understand your concern.

  • First of all, I would like to tell you that you are not homosexual.
  • If we go by psychoanalytic theories, then every human being have some traits of bisexuality, but that does not mean that they are bisexual. Slight attraction towards the same sex, which is causing distress in you is not due to homosexuality or bisexuality.
  • Try to ignore these thoughts and avoid getting stressed for these thoughts. With time, these thoughts will go on their own. Try not to suppress these thoughts. Just keep one thing in mind that you are a straight guy, who wants to have sex with females.

Thanks and take care.

For more information consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

Patient's Query

Hi doctor,

Thanks for your quick reply. One more thing I want to ask is that I sometimes get an erection while talking to a man. It did not use to happen one year back. It only used to happen while talking to females.


Welcome back to icliniq.com.

  • Yes, one should not develop erection while talking to a male, but since your main liking is for females and you are not happy with this, so this is not a thing to worry. Try to avoid this thing. Stop remaining distressed for that.


For further queries consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnui
Dr. Seikhoo Bishnui


Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Read answers about:


Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy