Q. I have breast milk discharges even though I am not pregnant. Is this due to Garcinia Cambogia?

Dr. Alexander Davis, Md
and medically reviewed by Dr. Preetha J
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 21, 2020 and last reviewed on: Oct 30, 2020

I have breast milk discharges, but I am not pregnant and have this problem for almost five months. When I first took Garcinia Cambogia, I noticed this on the third day of taking this herbal supplement, but I took it for a month. I finally stopped because the milk discharge was still there. I waited until now hoping that it would somehow stop, but I was devastated that every time I pinch to check it up and milk still comes out. I have no headache; my menstruation is still regular; I am in a healthy diet, and I have no fever. I do exercise regularly, like yoga, and I sleep on time.

#

You must never retake Garnicia. In many countries, it is already withdrawn from the market because it can potentially cause severe side effects. Milk breast discharge, however, is not a common side effect of this herbal medication. But this does not mean that it is not the cause. I have seen so many problems in patients who took Garnicia to be surprised if it was the cause.

Nevertheless, you have to see a gynecologist because it is very well possible that your hormones' status has gotten out of control. And of course, there are more rare (but no less dangerous) other possibilities for this symptom. The gynecologist will run a lab test and most likely inspect your breast region. If your hormones are the cause, it can be fixed quite easily. I wish you a speedy recovery, and please do not hesitate to get back to me if you have any further questions.

Garnicia Cambogia (side effects).

Hormone status.
Visual inspection.
Sonography of the breasts.

Breast cancer.

There is a compromised hormonal status due to the side effect of a food supplement.

See a gynecologist as soon as possible.

Never take Garnicia Cambogia again.

Review after having seen the gynecologist.

|