Q. None of the eggs are maturing in my ovary. What to do?

Dr. Purushottam Sah
Published on Apr 03, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jan 04, 2020

I am trying to conceive for over a year now, but unsuccessful. I went to a gynecologist and he told me that I have no eggs maturing in my ovary and was given Clomid 50 mg. My eggs did not mature and it only grows up to 10 mm. He asked me to come again to try IUI treatments. He mentioned that my uterine lining is thin. My cycle is regular for the past 4 months. I have 30 days cycle, but I realize that my period is getting shorter and lighter. During my ovulation, I use ovulation predictor kit to track the test, line gets dark between 15-16th day. But, the test line never gets darker than the control lines. So, I assume it as negative. Please help.

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Andrology Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology Sexology
#

• You have to do blood tests such as fasting sugar, thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH), prolactin and follicle stimulating hormone (FSH), testosterone and ultrasound of pelvis to see the cause for the immaturity of eggs.
  • Depending on the reports, treatment is advised.
  • Hormone abnormalities may be the reason for your problem.
  • Is your husband's semen analysis done?

Revert back with the investigation reports to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

Ultrasound of pelvis done and it was fine. However, my gynecologist did not mention anything about the blood test. Should I refer a new gynecologist and get these tests done?

Dr. Purushottam Sah

#

• Well, you need to do blood tests these are very important if egg is not maturing.
  • Also husband's semen analysis and hysterosalpingogram (HSG) x-ray to see the tubes, this you can do after 6 months of treatment. Because, if any of these are abnormal then intrauterine insemination (IUI) will not help.
  • In ovulation kit, if the test line and control line are almost equally dark then you are ovulating. I think your test line may not be darker than control line. You can do the tests at a laboratory.

Follow up after the investigations to an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

I cannot understand my semen analysis report. Please explain.

Query: Hello doctor,The semen analysis report is in my hand, but I cannot understand it.Liquefaction time- 30 minutes.Duration of abstinence- four days.Appearance- creamy white.Volume 4.0 ml.Ph 8Fructose- Present.Motility- 100.Spermatozoa- rapid 20%, slow 10%, non-progressive motility 5%, immotile 83%.Vita...  Read Full »

Will increased TSH level harm the baby's brain growth?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 years old. My height is 5'1" and weight is 52.4. I am 20 weeks pregnant now. I underwent a surgery for complete thyroidectomy and I am taking Thyroxin 100 mcg regularly. In my first trimester, the TSH level was 0.31 and the doctor advised me to continue the same dosage of medici...  Read Full »

For how many cycles can I take Clomid 50 mg?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 years old. I have been trying to conceive for the past seven months. I have regular 28 day cycle. Recently, I got a hormone test for FSH, LH and prolactin, uterus scan and my husband's semen analysis. Everything was normal. My doctor prescribed me Clomid 50 mg on day 4 to day 9 an...  Read Full »