Q. I cannot understand my semen analysis report. Please explain.

Published on May 22, 2018

The semen analysis report is in my hand, but I cannot understand it.

• Liquefaction time- 30 minutes.
  • Duration of abstinence- four days.
  • Appearance- creamy white.
  • Volume 4.0 ml.
  • Ph 8
  • Fructose- Present.
  • Motility- 100.
  • Spermatozoa- rapid 20%, slow 10%, non-progressive motility 5%, immotile 83%.
  • Vitality count- 15 million.
  • Morphology- normal 20%, abnormal 80%.

Andrology Geriatrics Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Psychotherapy Sexology
#

I read your query and understand your concerns about the semen analysis report. As per the available semen analysis report, you have very low sperm count and most of the available sperms are defective. As you can see that almost 80 % of your sperms are defective and of no use. In addition, the count is just 15 million per ml, which is again very low.

Considering this report, there is a low chance of natural pregnancy to your partner as the sperms are low and available ones are defective. I request you to see your doctor as you need treatment for improvement of the health of your sperms.

I hope this helps you.

For more information consult an andrologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/andrologist

Is surgery necessary in treating varicocele?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 35 year old male, who is suffering from infertility. I got married three years back, and we have tried to conceive ever since. Recently, I consulted a  urologist here, and he asked me to get a semen, Doppler scrotal, and thyroid tests done. I am attaching the reports. I took the ...  Read Full »

Please suggest Siddha medicine for testicular pain and low sperm count.

Query: Hello doctor, I have testicle pain on both sides (more pain felt on the right side). Sperm count is also low. What to do?  Read Full »

Ask an Andrologist Now