Q. Can you interpret my semen analysis reports in layman terms?

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Good day. My wife and I are trying to conceive and one of the tests done was a semen analysis test for me. I picked the results up from the lab, but I would not be able to see my doctor till a couple of days because of work. I am anxious and I would love an interpretation. I have attached the results.Thanks

#

The attached report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) suggests that it has normal liquefaction time, total sperm count is in the normal range and active mobile is low, volume adequate, and normal morphology is low and also has puss cell which indicates that you are suffering from an infection.

So, it is advisable that you take a course of antibiotics according to the culture and sensitivity test after consulting with your treating doctor.

Hope this clarifies your concern.

For more information consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

Good day. Thanks for your prompt response. I have seen all this from the test result and I wanted an interpretation as to what it means. Is my semen good enough from my ends to fertilize an egg for conception? Does the infection E.coli affect my semen to fertilize an egg for conception? Basically, I want an interpretation, not in medical terms, but in layman terms to answer the test result. Thanks.

#

E.coli infection does hamper the overall quality of your semen. But, once the infection is treated successfully, most probably you can fertilize the egg for conception.

As the test results of your semen, it is not as abnormal that you cannot fertilize the egg. Hope this clarifies your concern more clearly.

|