Q. Do I need PAP smear for blood discharge during first sexual contact?

Dr. Nadia Khan

My fiance was fingering me and when he finished, his hand was bloody. When I pee it burns and now it just hurts. What should I do? Never had a PAP test for discussable reasons. Never had sexual activity before.

#

There is nothing to worry as having sex for the first time (even fingering) may lead to mild bleeding due to breakage of the hymen and vaginal tissue. It may lead to burning sensation and slight discomfort which usually resolve in a few hours or may take a day or so. You just have to wash the area with plain water and also drink plenty fluid to relieve burning in pee. And you are only 18 years old. You are not in an appropriate age for PAP smear. PAP smear is usually recommended at or after 25 years of age.

|