Q. What does very little vaginal bleeding mean?

Dr. Hafiz Muhammad Hassan Shoukat

Actually, I was about to get my periods near 5th of this month but I got it six days back. The problem is that bleeding is very very little by little, I mean just a few drops without any pain or any blood clots. I am not sure it is my period or vaginal bleeding. As I am sexually active, I just had sex once, a month ago. I do not know what it is. Please guide me.

#

I am pretty sure this will be the beginning of periods. These little bit variations in days and amount of bleeding are common. Ultimately, in a day or two, you will have your normal bleeding periods. Another possibility is lost pregnancy. Sometimes, conception occurs and just get lost before even next menstural day, and misunderstood as normal periods. So just watch for abnormally prolonged bleeding like for more than seven days. But I believe that it would be normal periods.

|