Q. What does very little vaginal bleeding mean?

Dr. Hafiz Muhammad Hassan Shoukat
Published on Jan 03, 2019

Actually, I was about to get my periods near 5th of this month but I got it six days back. The problem is that bleeding is very very little by little, I mean just a few drops without any pain or any blood clots. I am not sure it is my period or vaginal bleeding. As I am sexually active, I just had sex once, a month ago. I do not know what it is. Please guide me.

#

I am pretty sure this will be the beginning of periods. These little bit variations in days and amount of bleeding are common. Ultimately, in a day or two, you will have your normal bleeding periods. Another possibility is lost pregnancy. Sometimes, conception occurs and just get lost before even next menstural day, and misunderstood as normal periods. So just watch for abnormally prolonged bleeding like for more than seven days. But I believe that it would be normal periods.

I started bleeding from my vagina after rough sexual intercourse. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor,I am 27. I currently started bleeding from my vagina and I had rough sexual intercourse four times in four days with my partner. I experienced hip pain yesterday but when I woke up, the pain was gone and 30 minutes before I started bleeding, I started to have pain in the same spot. I ge...  Read Full >>

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Have you ever done a complete blood count? Get one done and show me the reports.  Read Full

I am on birth control pill for excessive bleeding. Is there any other option to treat my condition?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 53-year-old female who has been on a low dosage of BCP continuously for past 17 years due to periods that never stopped and was bedridden for six months due to having no more blood left to pump my heart. Secondly, I was hospitalized and had three blood transfusions. Medically ...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you are 53 years now and your primary concern was menorrhagia (heavy menstrual bleeding) which causes anemia and other issues. If it has been controlled with birth control since the last six months, then this indicates hormonal imbalances. Now at 53, you should b...  Read Full

What is the reason for not ejaculating during sexual intercourse?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 70 but until recently have been very sexually active with my wife. I am in good health overall but have suffered from anxiety and depression my entire life. That usually has not interfered with my sex life. I have had a penile implant several years ago so getting an erection is not...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are in good health and has no serious co-morbid issue. You have main problem of delayed or no ejaculation. This could be occurring due to poor erection or reduced libido or anxiety. You are not on any anti-hypertensive so we can think of adding Sildenafil to your...  Read Full