Q. My wife started bleeding after the first time we had sex. What would be the reason?

Dr. Sabita Laskar
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 09, 2014 and last reviewed on: Jan 20, 2022

Yesterday, my wife had bleeding for a minute after we had sex for the first time. What would be the reason for this problem?

#

I presume that your wife had bleeding through her vagina.If it is the first time that you both had sex, then you need not have to worry at all. This is due to the rupture of a thin membrane which covers the vaginal orifice (opening).

This membrane is called the hymen membrane. This membrane is vascular enough to cause bleeding. But it remits on its own.

For further clarifications, consult a gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrics-and-gynaecologist

|