Q. My virgin girlfriend has severe pain after first sexual intercourse. Please help.

Heey hoping you are doing okay dr. My virgin girlfriend and I had our first intercourse two days ago now and she started experiencing pains.. Severe pains she has to lie down on the floor to ease.. When i asked her she says it is more than her menses pain.. What could be the problem...

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Hi, We are doing fine,thank you, hope all of you are also doing good.

When a lady's hymen ruptures, that is after first sexual exposure, there will be few tears in & around the external genitalia & also the vaginal wall. These will be the point of entry of minor infections already present in the normal vaginal flora & also in the semen. This will be more if you have not used a condom. These infections will enter the uterus & thereby into the pelvis / lower abdomen. causing cramps on & off, similar to the menstrual cramps.

You don't need to worry. All you need to do is avoid sex for few days, till pain subsides fully, have a short course of any antibiotics ( like Tab.Azithromycin 500 mg daily once for 5 days or Tab. Levofloxacin 500 mg daily once for 5 days ) Use any of the antispasmodics ( usually used by women during periods for pain) like Dicyclomine , 2-3 times per depending on severity of pain. Use condom during sex.

Hope I have clarified your query, do write back if any more queries & for your feedback. All the best

| 

I get palpitations after sex and my partner's sex drive is also low. Do you have any suggestions?

Query: Hello doctor, I and my partner have two children. I am 33 years old and she is 32 years. Over the past four or five years, our sex life has almost completely fallen apart. I have several heart issues, right bundle branch block, bicuspid aortic valve, patent formen ovale and high blood pressure. Ri...  Read Full »

Is it necessary to get ovarian cyst operated?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a right ovarian cyst of 4 cm and left adnexal heterogeneous shadow of 6 cm. What is to be done? Is there anything to worry about? Does it require an operation on an urgent basis? I am unmarried but not virgin and have a regular conjugal life with a single partner. Do I need to ...  Read Full »

I am having cold after sexual intercourse. Should I get tested for HIV?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28-year-old boy. Recently, I had sex with a lady. We are working together, and two weeks before only her visa got renewed. While the visa stamping time, they check all procedures and tests. About her, she is divorced and separated before one year back. Since one year she lived ...  Read Full »