Q. How can I get rid of the scars on my face?

Dr. Ashwini. V. Swamy

I have acne and a lot of scarring on my face from a breakout that occurred last month that is hyperpigmentation and it is lowering my self-confidence. I am trying very hard to find a treatment that is effective and works quickly. I have attached photos for your reference.

#

I saw your clinical picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

You have more dark marks from acne. We call them PIH (post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation). This takes time to fade off.

Once there is scarring, the most effective treatment for scars is a fractional CO2 laser.

There are medications to lighten the pigment.

• Kojic acid cream. You need to apply a thin layer over the forehead after washing your face in the morning and night. I suggest you use Demelan Cream as this has a combination of Kojic Acid, Glycolic acid, and Alpha-arbutin.
  • Use a good sunscreen with 50 SPF (sun protection factor). Apply a thick layer on the whole face 30 minutes before going out. Apply this irrespective of the presence of sunlight. UV (ultraviolet) rays will be present even when cloudy.
  • Use salicylic acid face wash to wash your face. I wish you get rid of this pigmentation soon.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|