Q. Can I use Kojivit gel to improve my skin tone along with clearmin soap?

Dr. Sugandh Garg
Published on Oct 15, 2014 and last reviewed on: Dec 04, 2018

I am a 26 year old female. My face tone looks uneven and very dull. Can I use Kojivit gel to improve my skin tone along with clearmin soap? Is clearmin soap good? Or please suggest any other soap.

Dr. Sugandh Garg

Diabetology General Medicine Internal Medicine Toxicology
#

You may continue the use of Kojivit gel, which has Kojic acid. However, I would recommend you to replace Kojivit gel with Vitamin-C based creams. The soap you have mentioned is fine, but make sure you are following a good facial routine, which means cleansing, toning, and moisturizing. Also, I hope the soap you are using does not make your skin over dry, as this could be one of the reasons for dullness.

I would better recommend a face wash which is more gentle and hygienic than soap. You may try Cetaphil face wash and moisturizer depending upon your skin type, and you can also tone your skin with rose water sprays regularly. As per recent research, Vitamin-K based creams work much better for skin moisturizing along with improving the blood supply and regenerating the broken capillaries, which are responsible for dullness over some time.

How can I remove dark patches due to jock itch?

Query: Hello doctor, I had jock itch six years ago over the groin area and lower abdomen. It was completely cured then but has left dark patches. I have been suggested by a dermatologist to use Glycolic acid 6 % cream, which does not seem to be working. Suggest an effective ointment to clear the dark patc...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Infections of the skin usually heal with hyperpigmentation. This post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation is tough to resolve and would take years to go completely. However, creams containing Kojic acid do help to quicken the recovery twice daily for three months. For more ...  Read Full

Article Overview: This article discusses a few tips to manage and protect your skin during winter. Read Article

Dr. Anagha Kumar

Skin, the largest and the most attractive organ of our body faces a lot of challenges during winters. Cold, dry winters tend to steal the moisture from your skin making it appear flaky, dry and dull. There are also a few diseases like psoriasis and atopic dermatitis that have an increased incidence ...  Read Article

Will using Restreta tablet for three months cause hormonal imbalance?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old girl. I have very dry and dull skin. My dermatologist recommended me to use Restreta tablet for improving my complexion. I have to take it twice in a day before a meal. I want to know whether there will be any hormonal imbalance because of this tablet. Is it safe fo...  Read Full >>

Dr. Sangeeth Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Restreta (Glutathione, Collagen, and L-cysteine) contains Glutathione which is an antioxidant. It effectively prevents melanin synthesis in the skin which helps in skin lightening. It is available in oral and injection form. Oral capsules do not produce much of a cha...  Read Full