Q. How can I remove dark patches due to jock itch?

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula
Published on Apr 23, 2018

I had jock itch six years ago over the groin area and lower abdomen. It was completely cured then but has left dark patches. I have been suggested by a dermatologist to use Glycolic acid 6 % cream, which does not seem to be working. Suggest an effective ointment to clear the dark patches completely.

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Cosmetology Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Venereology
#

Infections of the skin usually heal with hyperpigmentation. This post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation is tough to resolve and would take years to go completely. However, creams containing Kojic acid do help to quicken the recovery twice daily for three months.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

Please recommend some treatment for jock itch.

Query: Hi doctor, I am having an abscess on my balls. It is reddish and painful, but not much. I have jock itch right now. I saw terrific images on the internet, but it is not like that. Please help.  Read Full »

Please suggest a permanent cure for jock itch.

Query: Hi doctor, I have jock itch from one and a half years. I consulted a dermatologist, who gave me medicines, which cured the itch. My mother told me to consult a homeopathic doctor. So, the homeopathic doctor gave me some medicines, which made the jock itch larger in the same place. I am taking the ho...  Read Full »

Please suggest a cure for dark skin around pubic region.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 20 year old male. I have type 1 diabetes for the past seven years. I am using Insulin pump with Novo Rapid insulin for 4 years now. From the past six months, the skin around my pubic region is becoming dark. It is not itchy, but it is dark compared to the whole body complexion...  Read Full »