Q. Please suggest a cure for dark skin around pubic region.

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 04, 2016 and last reviewed on: Dec 15, 2020

I am a 20 year old male. I have type 1 diabetes for the past seven years. I am using Insulin pump with Novo Rapid insulin for 4 years now. From the past six months, the skin around my pubic region is becoming dark. It is not itchy, but it is dark compared to the whole body complexion. I fear this is because of my diabetes. Is there a way to cure this?

#

• Hyperpigmentation in the body folds and groin region is a commonly seen problem in people with diabetes and insulin resistance.
  • It is usually a consequence of excess weight, which leads to such changes. Also, the addition of friction in these areas increases the problem further.
  • Kindly upload an image of your present skin condition to confirm the diagnosis and formulate a treatment plan.

1. Frictional.
2. Acanthosis nigricans.
3. Intertrigo groin.

1. Onabet cream (Sertaconazole) twice daily for two weeks to treat coexistent intertrigo.

Regular exercise for 20 to 30 minutes per day and weight loss.

Revert back with the photos to a dermatologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|