Hypersensitivity Reaction

What is the reason for appearance of rash after bath?

Query: Hi doctor, Daily after my shower, my face turns red with rash. This has been happening since years. I have changed my soap and face wash several times. Besides, I have lived in many cities; this happens every time and everywhere. What could be the reason? What should I do for it? Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history it appears that, you are suffering from cholinergic urticaria or heat hives. This condition of being hypersensitive or extremely sensitive to heat or the response of sweating. People with this condition often wonder why they feel itch when they exerc...  Read Full »

Can allodynia cause slight pain when lightly touched by clothes or hand?

Query: Hi. A portion of my skin in my right leg feels sensitive or i feel a little pain when it is lightly touch by clothes or hand. I've started to feel the pain i think 3-5days now and it doesn't go away. I searched online to find what it is and i think it is similar to allodynia. Btw, i am not sure if ...  Read Full »

Dr. Chirag Solanki

General Surgeon, Neuro Surgeon, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello.... The hypersensitivity is caused by effect on the nerve due to any reason.... it may be from spinal cord to the region in leg ... problem anywhere can cause this kind of an issue... u need to get yourself evaluated clinically by a neurologist.... As the MRI is quite old you can not rely on...  Read Full »

Why am I having persistent nausea after drinking coffee?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had persistent nausea for roughly 15 months now which from memory started on a holiday where I had drank coffee and ended up with anxiety symptoms. I have had heaps of testing done and an endoscopy actually found eosinophilic esophagitis (which is basically esophagitis caused from...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for writing your query to me. After going through your history, it is very clear that what you described are totally two different issues. One thing is eosinophilic oesophagitis and second is caffeine sensitivity. I used the word sensitivity for caffeine bec...  Read Full »

What can be done for dry lips with itchiness and redness?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been experiencing dry lips and around my mouth which is itchy and gets red. I have used all sorts of lip balm but nothing seems to be working. I drink lots of water throughout the day as well. This is getting me really worried now. Can you help, please?  Read Full »

Dr. Shanza Ikram

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your case. Immediately stop using all different types of lip balms and lipsticks. Apply 1 percent of Hydrocortisone ointment and apply two times a day for seven days. After that, apply only Petroleum jelly or Vaseline twice daily for the next seven d...  Read Full »

I have a few red bumps and rashes around my penis and between my anus after shaving the private part. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I had shaved my pubes and hair between my anus two days ago. Few hours after shaving, I experienced severe itching, so I applied moisturizer and baby powder. But today I noticed a few red bumps and rashes around my penis and between my anus. Also, the skin on my balls has become dry and...  Read Full »

Dr. Srinivas Goud B

Dermatologist, Cosmetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Some skin types are sensitive to blades, and the reaction that you described looks like hypersensitivity of your skin to the blade. Also, it could be because of using an unclean blade. I suggest you use the Montair LC tablet Levocetirizine, Monteleukast) two times a...  Read Full »

Can Bresol be used to treat asthma?

Query: Hello doctor, Thank you for giving us the first query free. I am 26 years old male suffering from asthma for the past 14 to 15 years. So, I feel shame for myself when I use an inhaler. I am not able to go on tour especially in winter because I do not want to share my worst condition in front of my ...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Regarding the continuation of medicines, you may have to use the multivitamin tablet, Septilin (Tinospora) and Bresol (Turmeric, Vasaka, and Vaividang) for a long time till your allergic condition persists. These medicines are for helping your body develop good immun...  Read Full »

Why do I get allergy during specific periods in a year?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a boy, 18 years old. From the last three years, I am facing an allergy in which I face difficulty in breathing, coughing, and sound produces while breathing. The problem increases at night and I wake up near 4 to 5 times during my sleep and sit for a while. This is my fourth year...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to be suffering from airway hyperreactivity disorder, the common colloquial term being an allergy. This occurs because your respiratory pathway is more sensitive to some day to day substances which others are able to tolerate without any problem. When such a...  Read Full »

Why am I allergic to dust and temperature?

Query: Hello doctor, I have allergies to dust and temperature changes. I get headaches frequently around my eyes. I breathe through the mouth during the night and sometimes in the day. My nose is almost always blocked. I also have huge under eye bags, a protruding brow bone, and a bigger lower lip becaus...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Let us discuss your problems one by one. Before you undergo any surgery for this issue(s), you must know for sure if you have an allergy. Allergy is a form of hypersensitivity by your body to substances which do not elicit such a response from other individuals. Als...  Read Full »

What should be done for recurrent cough, cold and wheeze in a child?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a 2.8-year-old son suffering from recurrent attacks of cough, cold, wheeze. He has been prescribed Levolin, Budecort, Montair. Still, episodes continue. What should we do?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your son seems to be suffering from asthma. It is a hypersensitive disorder where the airways are hyper-reactive. The lasting solution is avoidance of triggering factors. The hypersensitiveness cannot be cured by medicines but can be kept to a minimum using steroids ...  Read Full »

From the last 10 years, I am suffering from allergies. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, From the past 10 years, I am suffering from an allergy. The doctors informed that due to allergy there is an excess histamine produced in my body. My allergic symptoms are nasal congestion, sneezing, anxiety, frequent throat infection, shortness of breath, and some kind of discomfort. ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concerns. Having allergy can cause a lot of discomfort in life, affect the quality of life, and result in anxiety and depression eventually. But, you need not worry. We have solutions for allergy. First, let us understand how allergy occurs. Alle...  Read Full »