Q. I feel slight pain when a part of my leg skin is lightly touched by clothes or hand. Is it allodynia?

Dr. Chirag Solanki
This is a premium question & answer published on May 18, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jun 01, 2020

Hi. A portion of my skin in my right leg feels sensitive or i feel a little pain when it is lightly touch by clothes or hand. I've started to feel the pain i think 3-5days now and it doesn't go away. I searched online to find what it is and i think it is similar to allodynia.

Btw, i am not sure if my previous condition was related to my current condition, I have always an issue with my right shoulder and right arm and the doctor said it is a muscle spasm. At first, my right shoulder hurt then the pain expand up to my right arm. I've experiencing this concern for i think 2-3years now. The pain goes on and off.

Also, i had an eardrum reconstruction surgery last year in my right ear. I am not sure if it is related.

Dr. Chirag Solanki

General Surgery Neuro Surgery Spine Surgery
#

Hello....

The hypersensitivity is caused by effect on the nerve due to any reason.... it may be from spinal cord to the region in leg ... problem anywhere can cause this kind of an issue...

u need to get yourself evaluated clinically by a neurologist.... As the MRI is quite old you can not rely on that... further evaluation with MRI only if required and nerve conduction study might be required...

as a symptomatic treatment pregabalin or gabapentin can be used but only after clinical evaluation and if considered by the treating doctor....

thank you...

|