Get E-Book on COVID-19

Q. I feel slight pain when a part of my leg skin is lightly touched by clothes or hand. Is it allodynia?

Answered by
Dr. Chirag Solanki
and medically reviewed by Dr. Sneha Kannan
This is a premium question & answer published on May 18, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jun 01, 2020

Hi. A portion of my skin in my right leg feels sensitive or i feel a little pain when it is lightly touch by clothes or hand. I've started to feel the pain i think 3-5days now and it doesn't go away. I searched online to find what it is and i think it is similar to allodynia.

Btw, i am not sure if my previous condition was related to my current condition, I have always an issue with my right shoulder and right arm and the doctor said it is a muscle spasm. At first, my right shoulder hurt then the pain expand up to my right arm. I've experiencing this concern for i think 2-3years now. The pain goes on and off.

Also, i had an eardrum reconstruction surgery last year in my right ear. I am not sure if it is related.

Dr. Chirag Solanki

General Surgery Neuro Surgery Spine Surgery


The hypersensitivity is caused by effect on the nerve due to any reason.... it may be from spinal cord to the region in leg ... problem anywhere can cause this kind of an issue...

u need to get yourself evaluated clinically by a neurologist.... As the MRI is quite old you can not rely on that... further evaluation with MRI only if required and nerve conduction study might be required...

as a symptomatic treatment pregabalin or gabapentin can be used but only after clinical evaluation and if considered by the treating doctor....

thank you...

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
One side of my face became red and swollen after Restylane. What can I do?
I get shooting pain in lower back and buttocks. Does it need chiropractic treatment?
Does opiate withdrawal cause nausea, low BP, muscle pain and urea smell?

This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

What can I possibly do to cure my constantly running nose?

Query: Hi doctor,I have had a constant runny and congested nose since three years. After years of trying anything possible and seeing several doctors, I was finally diagnosed with a severe dust allergy, as well as asthma by last year. At that time I was pregnant, so I could not be prescribed any medicatio...  Read Full »

Is it safe to take Gabapentin for back stiffness?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 33 year old unmarried male, and I have a back stiffness problem for more than three years. Everyone gives the says that my posture is not proper while walking. Two years back when I consulted a doctor, he suspected ankylosing spondylitis, but HLA-B27 was negative. After seeing...  Read Full »

I am having anxiety after stopping Gabapentin. Can this be Gabapentin withdrawal symptoms?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 34-year-old woman, otherwise in good health. I have a history of anxiety and panic attacks but I had not suffered any of these in a severe form in over 6 years. I was medication free for many years, up until 2 months ago when I went to see a psychiatrist for possible psychosomat...  Read Full »

Also Read

Can naked body to body massage spread HIV?
Hello doctor, I recently had some business trip during which I had some naked body to body massage wherein massager vag...  Read more»
Are COVID-19 Patients Infectious for up to 90 Days After Recovery?
There have been reports of recovered COVID-19 patients getting reinfected and testing positive for almost 3 months. Read...  Read more»
Crohn's Disease
Crohn's disease causes inflammation of the digestive tract, which results in symptoms like severe diarrhea, stomach pain...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Neuro Surgeon Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.