Q. How to correct sudden fall in BP in a hypertensive patient?

Dr. Muhammad Majid Hanif
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 18, 2016 and last reviewed on: Nov 25, 2019

Since two years my mom is taking Atenolol for hypertension. Her dose is 50 mg per day which she eats half in the morning and half at night. About a week ago, her blood pressure became low and today it was 104/65 mmHg and pulse rate is 51. I would be very grateful for your help. Thanks.

#

I have carefully worked through your case and want to assure that I will manage your mother's case.

• It sometimes happens with hypertensive patients and we need to adjust dosage time to time.
  • She should take only 25 mg Atenolol or half the tablet of 50 mg in the morning with breakfast and no medicine at night.
  • Please give me a feedback after couple of days on how she is doing.

Revert after two days to a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

|