Q. Is it a must to get angiography for cough and fast breathing?

Dr. Prashant Valecha
This is a premium question & answer published on May 23, 2016 and last reviewed on: Mar 07, 2020

My mother is 62 years old. She is under regular medicine for BP. Since five years she is taking Olmy-D 20 mg and Cilapam plus at night. She is suffering from prolonged cough and fast breathing after long walk and climbing stairs. I am attaching her recent ECG, echo and x-ray reports. Please suggest whether she needs angiography as a further investigation. Her doctor advised Ecosprin 150 and GTN 2.6, which she is taking from yesterday.

Dr. Prashant Valecha

Cardiology General Practitioner
#

• Your mom is hypertensive. On Olmy-D (Olmesartan), if her blood pressure is controlled then the treatment is fine.
  • Cilapam (Escitalopram) is for anxiety (grossly).
  • Is she having chest pain like symptom on exertion or at rest? If no then no need of GTN (Nitroglycerine).
  • Check her cholesterol and also check whether she is diabetic or not?
  • Current reports are not suggestive of angiogram. Do a TMT (treadmill test) if possible.
  • If the breathing symptoms are more then can go for angiogram.
  • Better continue with previous medicines and take tablet Ecosprin AV (Aspirin and Atorvastatin) 75 once daily.

For further information consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

| 

Related Video

Can you give me a medical opinion on CT angiogram?

Query: Hello doctor, Please, could you give your medical opinion on the following CT angiogram? My query would be for you to look at the jugular veins which are near C1 in the neck. Symptoms have progressed over the course of four years, dizziness, neck pain, chronic headache, and collapse. The report ha...  Read Full »

Diabetes and Eyes

Article Overview: Diabetes is one of the leading cause for permanent blindness. It is very essential for us to know to avoid the complications of diabetes. Micro-vascular complications will involve eyes, kidneys and nerves in common. But early detection and prevention will avoid permanent disability. Read Article

Dr. Pratap Vgm
Diabetologist

"EYES are the most beautiful organs created by nature which enables us to have vision. It is very important factor for individuals to be independent in their life" Diabetes is a metabolic syndrome entity which is characterized by hyperglycemia, high blood pressure and dyslipedemia. It causes variou...  Read Article

Is cholesterol level of 299 too high?

Query: Hello doctor, Recently, I have checked my lipid profile and sugar. The results are total cholesterol 229, HDL 53, LDL 150, BP 130/90 mmHg and sugar 104. Are these results fine? Let me know whether I have any heart disease. For cholesterol I am taking Triglize. Kindly give few suggestions to lowe...  Read Full »