Q. Please suggest hypertension medicines which will not cause dyspnea.

Answered by Dr. Sagar Ramesh Makode and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Hypertension or Blood Pressure? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I have hypertension, and in my childhood, I suffered from asthma. I have been prescribed ARB (angiotensin receptor blockers) to treat my hypertension; however, I have experienced side effects that lead to discontinuing the medication. Losartan 100 mg caused nervousness. Candesartan 8 mg and Telmisartan 20 mg caused respiratory difficulty (dyspnea). Now, I do not know which medication to try. I was doing a little research, and here in my country, we have Valsartan and Irbesartan. I would like to know which one of those would be better to give a try with lesser chances to get respiratory difficulty or nervousness. Thanks in advance for your response.