Q. I burnt my tattoo with slaked lime and washing soda. How to clear the scar?

Dr. Shaunak Patel
Published on Dec 11, 2019

I had a tatto. I was bad and due to embarrassment I burned it with slaked lime and washing soda, it now swelled up. It is five months now when I burned it with slaked lime and washing soda. Please tel me the right way to cure this. What medicines I have to take? What is the cost? I am really embarrassed due to this spot on my hand.

Dr. Shaunak Patel

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

I understand your problem, but you have got a hypertrophied scar. Scar remolding process can continue to take place months after the real injury. In your case, burning with soda and slaked lime. It could be active but you can halt the activity by visiting the dermatologist and undergoing serial injections with Triamcinolone every 20 days apart. This will flatten out the scar to prevent the contracture. You can apply Contractubex cream four to five times a day for three months. This should solve the problem. However, the mark of the scar shall still be visible and cannot go away completely. For that, you need to undergo scar reduction surgery. We dermato-surgeons routinely perform after one year.

You have caused yourself injury but I advise you go proceed with caution from now on to prevent any further damages due to self-medication.

| 

I have undergone skin grafting in my leg. Please suggest some treatment to regain my skin color.

Query: Hello doctor,I have undergone skin grafting in my leg due to acid burn before three years. Now it is fine. But my skin discolors, and stitch marks are not changing significantly. So please suggest some treatment to be done to regain my skin color quickly.  Read Full »

How to get rid of a small bulge of extra skin on my thumb?

Query: Hello doctor, My thumb got burned two years back, it used to peel off and I used to keep biting and peeling it further. Now it has formed a small bulge of extra skin. Can I get rid of it?  Read Full »