Q. What are the reasons for hypoglycemia?

Answered by Dr. Sandeep V Nair and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Hypoglycemia or Metformin? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My mother has been suffering from diabetes for three years. She is 61 years old and weighs 40 kg. She was on Gemer-1. Early morning around 5 AM, she often complains of excessive sweating and weakness. Sweating stops after taking tea, biscuit or sugar. She has stopped taking medication for the last 15 days. Due to personal loss, she has been undergoing stress and tension. Please suggest the required medical tests that she should undergo. Thank you.