Q. I am hypothyroid. Will it affect my ability to get pregnant?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 28, 2016 and last reviewed on: Nov 26, 2020

I am a 21 year old female. I am having hypothyroidism. Will hypothyroidism affect my ability to get pregnant?

#

• There are around 70% of the Asian population suffering from hypothyroidism.
  • You have all the chances of pregnancy. I have seen number of patients with hypothyroidism to have a healthy pregnancy and delivered a healthy baby.
  • Please take your medications properly and have a regular check on the hormonal values.
  • So, relax and do not worry. However, if you have a doubt, then get back to me with reports so that I can guide you further.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|