Q. What is the ideal frequency of intercourse when trying to conceive?

I am a 24 year old female and having PCOS. I am currently trying to conceive. The hormonal profiles for me and my husband are normal. My doctor prescribed me to take Letoval 2.5 mg daily once from day-1 of my period until day-10 along with Nacfil Forte tablets daily twice after a meal. Now USG on day-10 and day-14 shows no ovulation. I am so upset. My queries are: Is there a chance of ovulation in subsequent days? Earlier, I was having irregular periods. Does it mean that I ovulated in earlier months? Whether we should have intercourse daily or after a gap of one day? Please help me.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

How are you doing?

• Let me start by saying that a lady of 24 years, trying for pregnancy should never lose hope. You will surely get pregnant. Hormonal profiles are usually normal in PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome). Hope this diagnosis has been made based on a scan finding, where the doctor saw many small follicles and the size of ovaries were greater than 10 cc. Only then, the diagnosis is correct.
  • Your periods can occur on time only if the ovulation occurs on time. After 14 days of ovulation, every lady will get periods. For a lady to get regular periods, a minimum body weight is required. Your expected weight is 60 to 65 kg. The body uses energy for the most important functions, periods and ovulation are energy consuming and last in preference. So, it will be missed if the body weight is low. So, this could be the reason for no ovulation. Just having Letoval (Letrozole) and Nacfil (Myo-inositol) will not help you get pregnant.
  • Here are some tips:
  1. Try to be active.
  2. No fasting.
  3. No junk food, fast foods or red meat.
  4. Reduce snacks in between meals.
  5. Have low-calorie foods and a protein-rich diet.
  6. Do regular exercise (especially for the waist and hip area), aerobics, yoga, brisk walking (swing your hands well).
  7. Do not eat unhealthy foods just to put on weight.
  • Ovulation induction can be done with Letoval, supplemented with HMG (human menopausal gonadotropins) hormone injections, and you will definitely ovulate.
  • Just to know your ovarian reserve, you can have serum AMH (anti-Mullerian hormone), after periods. This will give you a quantitative value of how many eggs are present in the ovary.
  • If ovulation is occurring, then start having sex daily or on alternate days, after period bleeding stops. Then stop on day-10 of periods, and start having sex from the 13th day again for a minimum of four to six days. Usually, this is the period of ovulation. After that, having sex is not compulsory. It is up to you.

Hope I have clarified your query. Do write back if you have any more queries. All the best.

For more information consult an infertility specialist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/infertility-specialist

|