Q. Kindly see my blood report, and tell me if something is wrong.

This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 14, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 18, 2021

I got a blood test done recently. In the reports, which I have attached, most of my results are fine, but some major concerns are my vitamin B12 level is 1477 ng/mL, T4 is 3.8, TSH is 12.63, and platelet count is 140. Is something wrong going on in my body? Are these indicating some serious problem? I am taking Maxmala 50, Etilaam 20, and Amixide H for anxiety disorder.

#

I have seen your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• Your T4 level is low, and TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) is high, it suggests primary hypothyroidism. For which, I suggest Levothyroxine 25 or 50 mcg daily.
  • You also have vitamin D deficiency, so I suggest taking Cholecalciferol sachet 50,000 unit, once a week for six weeks with milk.
  • And your vitamin B12 level is high. The common cause for that is the high intake of vitamin B12 supplement. The other causes are as follows:
  1. Liver disease.
  2. Kidney disease.
  3. Myeloproliferative neoplasm.
  4. Polycythemia vera, etc.
  • But as per reports, it does not fit any of the above causes. I suggest getting your liver, spleen, and lymph nodes palpated. After treating vitamin D deficiency and thyroid levels, check your vitamin B12 level again.
  • The drugs for anxiety issues and some vitamin tablets, which you are taking can be continued. For stress, yoga and meditation are beneficial. Your cholesterol level is borderline high, for which take a low-fat diet and use less oil in the diet.

Take care. Hope your concern is solved. Consult your physician for examination and discuss all these treatments.

For more information consult a hematologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/hematologist

|