Q. I am already on Krimson 35 should I take I-pill after unprotected sex?

Dr. Uzma Arqam

I am taking my second-day pill of my Krimson 35 for PCOS. I had unprotected sex with my husband, and we are not planning for a baby now. Should I take I-pill also along with Krimson 35 to avoid pregnancy?

#

Krimson 35 (Cyproterone, Ethinyl Estradiol) is used as an oral contraceptive pill as well. It should be started from day one of the periods. So if you are having periods and started Krimson as well from day one and had unprotected sex, then there are fewer chances of pregnancy or conception.

There are fertile periods in each cycle and first five days of periods in which there is menstrual bleed are included in the infertile period of sequence, so fewer chances of pregnancy if you have started Krimson in periods. You can further clarify if Krimson not taken on the second day, then kindly mention which day you have started Krimson.

Please have complete treatment of any health issues if you have, follow some recreational activities and quit recreational drugs. Have a balanced diet, weight, and BMI.

Send scan and detailed sex hormonal markers reports as well.

As above.

With detailed history and reports.

I did not have periods for more than two months. So the doctor prescribed to have Krimson 35, and I have only one tablet, and the next day, unfortunately, we have unprotected sex. So I require clear confirmation. Kindly help.

#

First you check blood pregnancy test as since two months have not got your periods. So if it is negative then take I-pill within advised dose without vomitings and within 48 to 72 hours of unprotected sex.

After taking I-pill wait for bleeding that should be started within two weeks. Krimson to be started properly from day one of periods to continue cyclically to have balanced, regular cycle. Have transvaginal scan and blood tests on second day of periods (progesterone, testosterone, prolactin, FSH and LH, insulin, and thyroid function test). Collect lab reports and discuss here. Have recreational activities and quit recreational drugs. Have complete treatment of any health issue you have.

Hormonal imbalance or conception.

Get Beta hCG, if positive report one-sided lower abdominal to gynecologist since it is an emergency. If Beta hCG is negative have menstrual induction by having I-pill and combined oral contraceptive pill for three cycles.

Do transvaginal ultrasound and blood tests on the second day of periods.

As above.

Revert with the reports.

|