Q. Can unprotected sex on third day of period cause pregnancy?

Dr. Richa Agarwal
Published on Apr 07, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I and my fiancee had unprotected sex on the third day of her period. I did not ejaculate inside her. And she also has the history of an irregular period but from the past three months, she is getting her regular period. I just want to know what are the chances of pregnancy.

Dr. Richa Agarwal

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

I have gone through your history and understand your concerns. As you had unprotected sex, the chances of pregnancy are there in your case but as it is done on the third day of menses that is why there is no chance of pregnancy in your case. These symptoms could be due to hormonal imbalance. Get urine pregnancy test if you missed your menses by seven days. Hope you found this useful.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

I have heard women suffering from irregular periods have the highest chance of getting pregnant. I just want to be assured whether there is a chance of pregnancy are there or not as you have mentioned there is chance of pregnancy in my case.

Dr. Richa Agarwal

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

If she was bleeding on the third day of menses, then no chance of pregnancy because there is no place for implantation.

Had unprotected sex today. Should my partner take contraceptive?

Query: Hello doctor, I had unprotected intercourse this morning. But, I am not sure whether I had ejaculated inside. Should my partner take a contraceptive? She is having PCOD. Kindly advice.  Read Full »

Is it safe to take oral contraceptive pill?

Query: Hi doctor, My girlfriend had irregular periods and USG pelvis showed PCOD. So, she is taking COCP. In spite of taking the drug properly, she missed her period this month. Is anything wrong with her? What to do now? Does she need to continue the drug? Or should she stop it? I heard that COCP may caus...  Read Full »

Can unprotected sex for a minute cause HIV?

Query: Hello doctor, I had unprotected sex with an unknown woman hardly for a minute about a month back. After about four days, I got cold and a kind of sore throat, but not exactly sore throat. I got tested for HIV after 15 days and it came back negative. Now, for the past one week, I have a feeling of so...  Read Full »