Q. I had an I-pill yesterday. Can I have another I-pill today?

This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 08, 2014 and last reviewed on: Jan 20, 2022

I had unsafe sex yesterday and took I-pill in half an hour to avoid pregnancy. Today, I had sex again. Should I take another pill?

#

No, you need not take another pill. It works within 72 hours of sex.

Hence, your second sexual act is also covered. Wait for the bleeding to start.

Avoid further sex till bleeding occurs. Suppose you have intercourse, use barrier contraception like condom and not another pill.

|