Q. Is it advisable to take Ipill in person with bulky ovaries with multiple small follicles?

This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 03, 2020 and last reviewed on: Feb 06, 2020

I have an ultrasonography which states I have bulky ovaries with multiple small follicles. I wanna know what does that mean and can I take Ipill and is it safe?

#

The report to me is normal with normal size uterus and also the ovarian size even though it mentions bulky ovaries (attachment removed to protect patient identity). But an ovary is considered bulky if the volume of each is more than 10 cc. The presence of small multiple subcenterimetric follicles indicate developing follicles and cannot be labelled as polycystic ovaries unless the criteria for clinical hyperandogenism like acne, hirsutism, acanthosis nigerians and oligomenorrhoea is met.

The presence of frequent urination points towards possibility of a urinary tract infection which can be ruled out with a urine routine microscopy test. Also if you have been sexually active, then its always better to take an emergency contraceptive pill within 72 hours of intercourse to avoid unplanned pregnancy.

| 

How long should Kazharchi Kaai powder be taken for PCOD?

Query: Hello doctor,As I have PCOD problem and also cyst, I take tablets for period. My friend suggested Kalachikai powder. I used it for 30 days continuously, but no use. How many days should I take that powder and how to overcome this problem?  Read Full »

I am suffering from PCOD. Can I get pregnant naturally?

Query: Hi doctor, My height is 5'4", and my weight is 61 kilogram. My ovary is bulky with right ovary volume 11.5 cc and left ovary volume 11.2 cc. I am suffering from PCOD. I am under treatment for the past three months. Can I get pregnant naturally?  Read Full »

Birth Control Pills - Frequently Asked Questions

Article Overview: Birth control pill is a hormonal conception method used by women to prevent pregnancy. These pills are taken orally and are 99.9 % effective.  Read Article

Dr. Sneha Kannan

Birth control pill is a hormonal conception method used by women to prevent pregnancy. These pills are taken orally and are 99.9 % effective. There are a number of birth control pills, and choosing the right one for you can be daunting. Here I have tried to answer the most commonly asked questions t...  Read Article

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»