Q. Why did I get bleeding after taking I-pill?

Dr. Deepti Kurmi

I had taken a pill and got bleeding. I thought it was periods because I had little cramps but that bleeding was so light and it lasted for three to four days. After that I had protected sex two weeks back but to be complete sure I took another pill two days later and my periods was due a few days back and now I am not having any bleeding. That bleeding was my periods or what? And when next I am going to have my periods?

#

I-pill is emergency contraception. It should be taken not more than once or twice in a year. It has many serious side effects. Secondly, you took I-pill twice in one month would definitely create some hormonal imbalance which might take a couple of weeks to settle. It is difficult to tell whether earlier was your normal menses or withdrawal bleeding. Chances of pregnancy cannot be excluded without a blood test, you need to do a blood test to rule out pregnancy.

I have done the home pregnancy test a few days back and it was negative. So still I need to get the blood test done?

#

Urine pregnancy test can be false negative sometimes. I would suggest to do serum beta hCG and check. If this is negative, so absolutely no chance of pregnancy and you can take medicine for withdrawal bleeding.

|